Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hehehe, well this isnt ment to be a flaming thread but it probably will turn into one.

Well most rhom owners (not all but a LOT) say the Red bellies are sissys, skittish, wusses, etc. BUT if you look at all the videos its always the RB eating mice/mouse.

So to all rhom owners, do any of you have a camcorder and can videotape your big bad rhom eating a mice or mouse?

I am just curious and all so anybody have any plans on making a snuff video of a mouse getting eaten? LOL

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
im not sure. i just dont think our rhom owners have a rhom big enuff to do that. Maybe im worng. but i dont think so ...

·
Registered
259 Posts
yep most rhoms are big sissy's, mainly when the owner is around. but once the owner is gone and the fish/prey is in the same tank, game-over

·
Registered
467 Posts
Generally Rhoms are sissys when they are under 10 inches. My buddies 13 incher attacks even the dog. How many reds do that. But I have 14 reds and 4 ternetzis but they are awsome in their own right so its not fair to compare.

SMTT

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry if this was a "double post' i wasnt aware that another thread of this nature was up recently.

But there are a few 10"+ rhom owners here right? 13"14", etc. etc. i would like to see one attack a mice/mouse/rat

If you guys are reading this and dont have a camcorder, you can go to best buy or circuit city and buy a camcorder then return it after the movie. <just erase the footage before trying to return it>

But seriously speaking though, there arnt any videos of large rhoms feeding so if one of you owners are reading this, you can be a pioneer! go where no piranha-fury.com memeber has been! be an inspiration to other rhom owners! I gotta say something to motivate someone out there

·
Bean Power&#33;
8,911 Posts
My 14" rhom isn't a wuss!
He just doesn't like hair in his mouth.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
My 2 inch rhom is aggressive as all hell. It attacks my finger through the glass of the aquarium and immediatly attacks feeders as soon as they hit the water. I dont know if I got a special one but he is a real hellion, not skittish in the least bit!

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
I agree. Solitary piranhas are going to frenzy on something quite like a shoal does. You would have to not feed the solitary piranha for a lot longer before the meal than a shoal because they'll have to eat the whole thing by themself. I would really like to see one of those bad boys in action as well though

Joe

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmm now you guys got me really really thinking

Ok i sold my 5 4-5" RB last night so i have an empty tank. I have 3 options:

1) move my arowanas in there and get a baby jardini and have an arowana tank. (temporarily until they grow bigger)

2) buy a 10"+ rhom have it live there (temporarily)

3) buy 30-40 dime size RB (or pirya or carbie is it)?

I was thinking if i buy 30 of them i get bulk discount, plus i can sell them in a few months and recoop some costs for my equipment
most people will pay $10-$30 for a fish but if i get the carbie or pirya is it?? the dime size ones are that much so i wouldnt be able to find buyers (at least in my geographic location).

As far as a rhom if i get one its going to be a keeper and chances are nobody i know will pay $250-300 for a fish, most people think thats crazy and dont think like us piranha fanatics.

But back to the thread, if a rhom is not going to put on a good enough show, i will not get one. When i tell my friends and clients that i have piranhas, they think its some blood thirsty crazy fish like in the movies, i dont want to have a huge rhom thats too scared to attack a mice (you know what i mean).

Any thoughts and suggests as to what i should do is appreciated, i plan to have my tank filled by the end of the week.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Caribas as i always recommend!

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
my rhom destroys things when im not looking. once in a while i would catchin in the act. sometimes i see fish heads floating and sometimes i dont see anything. and sometimes i just see dead fish floating haha

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
OK.. for all you shoalers out there that downplay Rhoms. FINE!! I will make a vid to overwhelm you guys (as soon as I sell my tank, I will buy a digi cam!!). And honestly, its not the size which determines the aggressiveness.. but the fish itself.
I have a 5" Gibbasaurus which will most def kill most shoals
, and a Xingu which I've yet to determine its personality.

But lets compromise... I make a vid of mines eatting a mouse, you make "ONE" Pygo eat a mouse by itself also.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
i like to see piranha kings rhom in action...

·
TOP DOG
4,187 Posts
thePACK said:
i like to see piranha kings rhom in action...
if someone in Michigan has a digicam they can come to my house and tape my rhom eating a mouse. he eats whatever i put in the tank before it hits the bottom. he even eats small pellets and he is 16"+.
wes

1 - 20 of 31 Posts