• Rhom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spilo

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
You need a bigger tank for a Rhom in there for life...if you can´t upgrade get Spilo!

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Spilo: with a bit of luck (ie. it stays relatively small), in can stay in there for live (depending on the tank's footprint: is it a tall or a long tank?)
If you get a rhom, you'll need to upgrade eventually, even though that would take many, many years...

And besides that, but this is just my personal opinion, spilo's look much better. Imo, a rhom starts to look really cool and menacing when it gets really big (too big for a 30g). Baby rhoms look way too plain for me...
A gold spilo on the other hand look sweet even when it is still small...

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Like posted before, if you are planning of trying to keep him in there for life, they I would recomend a spilo. Although, rhoms grow very slow, you will eventually (many years) need a bigger tank. Either way, your gonna get a nice fish. Let us know what you decide.

~Dj

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
I like rhoms I think they are beautiful and they don't eat much and they are a pretty cool fish

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all your opinions guys.

I would like to get a Rhom, but as I said, I don't want to have to upgrade again....even if it takes a very long time. (Or at least I don't want to upgrade until I move out into my own house).

As for the Spilo....it might be a possiblity. As long as it could stay in the 30g for life or at least for several years. (tank dimensions: 30Lx12W)

Also....from what I've read on this site....it would be a terrible idea to put a spilo in with my 3 RB?

I'll let you all know what I do when I do it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You are correct. It is a bad idea to mix pygos and serras, unless you want the pygos to die.
Go with the spilo. then there is no need to upgrade later.

GIR

·
Registered
502 Posts
Well it really depends on how old you are... if you are older, I would say spilo for sure. If you are younger, you may live to see your rhom grow into a badass. I have both and my 5 inch rhom is so boring I sometimes think about selling him. However, my small gold spilo is really awesome. He tears stuff up and is really active. I figure that I am young enough and maybe in ten years my rhom will be big and bad. So its really up to you. Let us know!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.