Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at more pictures of irritans i think my "rhom" is one. He is 5", has black spots, a very, very faint humeral spot and a reddish orange anal fin. So is he a rhom or irritans? I will try and get some pics asap.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
I looked and it does have the v shape on the caudal fin, also it says the gill area is a light yellow and I checked and its yellow so i guess i have myself irritans.
When comparing pirana species, you need to look at the entire description, not just a portion of it. All the attributes must fit you pirana in order for it to be a valid conclusion. I would have to agree with everyone, a good photo would be the best venue to obtain a better ID.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JEARBEAR said:
Yeah a pic would help. the hurmonal spot you were talking about makes me confused or I would say it is a irritan. Where did you get it?
I will get a picture tomaroo cause i gotta borrow a digital camera. I bought it at Big Als and it was labeled as Serrasalmus Rhombeus.

·
Registered
492 Posts
spyderman said:
JEARBEAR said:
Yeah a pic would help. the hurmonal spot you were talking about makes me confused or I would say it is a irritan. Where did you get it?
I will get a picture tomaroo cause i gotta borrow a digital camera. I bought it at Big Als and it was labeled as Serrasalmus Rhombeus.
If you bought it at big als, it can be any serra piranha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts