Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if I let my 3 inch rhom in a 33 gallon all is life, what size will it be?

And How much time will it take to him to be full size?

And it grow 2 inch a year??

Thanks !!

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
naw, it will be fin untill it get a little bit bigger, then get it a nice 100 - 120 gal to live in for its life.

Most people ive heard say they grow about 1 inch a year.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I think they get around 12" and grow slowly, it will be fine in a 30 gallon for a while, but one day it will need a bigger tank.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Your three incher should be fine in that tank for quite some time. Rhoms grow ~1 inch a year or less. In a few years, it might need something a little bigger. I have my 2 inch rhom in a 10 gallon right now and will be switching it to a divided 55g which I expect it to be in for quite some time.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
You can leave your Rhom in your 30 for quite a loooong time. As you've read, Rhoms are slow growers. Your 3"er can be more than happy to have enpugh room all to himself. I have a 5" Rhom in a 30 gal and getting a 7-8"er in another 30 gal. No need to get a bigger tank just for 1 fish.. yah feeel?!?!?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Xenon said:
I think a 7-8 incher might be more comfy in a bigger tank. Maybe like a 55g minimum
True that X.. but I still have my opinions on 1 fish alone in a huge tank all to himself. Well.. we'll see how he likes it for the first month or so.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I heard that is size will adapt to the size of the aquarium , his that true ??

And to get to full size it will take like 8 years!! damn
that's long...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
If its teh standard 33G then they are actually pretty roomy and nice looking really. I think it would do fine in there for a while as well

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.