Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have had this sparte 29gallon tank in my garage for months and Im thinking about getting a smaler black diamond or gold rhom. How long would it last in the tank? I have heard that they can be skittish at a yougn age and hide forever, I was going to make it planted so I wouldnt want him hiding the whole time.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
sharkboy11 said:
Well I have had this sparte 29gallon tank in my garage for months and Im thinking about getting a smaler black diamond or gold rhom. How long would it last in the tank? I have heard that they can be skittish at a yougn age and hide forever, I was going to make it planted so I wouldnt want him hiding the whole time.

Thanks
[snapback]902571[/snapback]​
In my experience with a small rhom, the more hiding spaces you give it, the more it will hide. If it can hide somewhere and not have to look at you, then the fish will probably prefer that. Depending on the size of the rhom, it may last a while in a 29 gal.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
as mentioned the size will determine how long it will last in that tank. regardless I will say that it will be okay up to about 5-6" in that tank before you need to think about upgrading.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I have a small rhom, about 3.5 in in a 29. He hides alot and i provide spots for him to hide because if i don't he rubs up against the glass and i don't want him to get a chimple.

I think ill upgrade within the next year or so. Ill probably move him to a 55 or a 75. I have read that the more space you give them the more territorial they get and thus have more character.

I think if you got a small rhom he would be happy for a year or two in a 29.

·
"Bruce Lee" the Legend
5,194 Posts
I think you can house a rhom in there until it get to about eight or nine inches. I have a 8.5" S. altuvei in my 30 gallon right now and he's doing great. Don't get me wrong, the bigger the tank the better, but as long as you take care of your water and cleanings, you should be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts