Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rhom is less skittish now. He doesn't run away from me and will turn to face my hand when I move it around the outside of the tank. I can't wait 'til my rhom reaches adulthood. I'll probably be collecting social security by that time!
Why o' why do they grow soooo slow???

·
Registered
502 Posts
I feel the same way. Mine is about 5 inches and I've had him in his 55g for about 3 months. He isn't skittish and doesn't even budge when I clean unless I nudge him with the net. He hardly eats in front of me. I think they are just shy by nature. But from what I've seen on this site, they may become more active when fully grown.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
MarcusK408 said:
My rhom is less skittish now. He doesn't run away from me and will turn to face my hand when I move it around the outside of the tank. I can't wait 'til my rhom reaches adulthood. I'll probably be collecting social security by that time!
Why o' why do they grow soooo slow???
good to hear this, mine ate 2 and a half roseys right in front of me tonight and I still haven't noticed any changes in his eye color

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
o snap its eric said:
Do you guys have tank lights on for them or do you leave them off?
I hardly ever turn the light on, only when doing stuff in the tank. There's normally enough other ligths on in the room.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine eats in front of me too. I don't have a light for the rhom tank. I do notice his eyes are silver just before I turn on my room light at night and then in the morning it's red again when the sun comes up. The tank is no where near direct sunlight though.
Maybe it has something to do with being in the dark.

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
My rhom was real owner responsive and bold when i had my light off for a while but nice since the i have the light on he is not as bold or owner responsive. I am trying to train it to get use to the light.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have my rhom in a 55g and have a strip light with the bulbs taped up with electrical tape. However, on my gold spilo tank I double-wrapped the bulb. I may do this with my rhom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts