Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately I couldnt get my rhom to eat what I wanted him to. I tried shrimp of all kinds, and he maybe ate two of those. Well, I have had him since the first of Feb. and he finally ate last night. Believe it or not, he took down 22 Rosy Reds between 2-3 inches. I bought 24, and just threw them all in for the heck of it. Only two remain. I guess the point is, it may take longer than this to train your fish on non-live food. I really didn't want to risk this fish due to how great he is. Hopefully your fish catch on quicker.

·
Registered
273 Posts
hush up moe thats total bullshit ive fed my rbp's feeders for over a year everyweek as long as u make sure they have no ick and they dont swim all retarded and seem to swim really fast and healthy everything will be fine gaurenteed!!

·
Let's split up gang!
3,693 Posts
FLsunshine said:
hush up moe thats total bullshit ive fed my rbp's feeders for over a year everyweek as long as u make sure they have no ick and they dont swim all retarded and seem to swim really fast and healthy everything will be fine gaurenteed!! :nod:
[snapback]935719[/snapback]​
Lots of people that believed that regret it now.

·
Registered
285 Posts
i have 5 p's that are about 2 years old now and they are all perfectly healthy, and they have been fed nothing but feeders since they were 1", now they're about 7" and their savage monsters, not little bitches eating pellets and dead pieces of shrimp.
as long as u know where ur feeders are coming from and ur not stupid enough to feed ur p's feeders that are obviously sick, u'll be fine

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
moeplz said:
Yeah..have fun when he gets hole in head....

[snapback]935107[/snapback]​
zrreber said:
But your still taking the chance by feeding them feeders... Chance you'll have to take i guess....
[snapback]935948[/snapback]​
Phtstrat said:
Good luck getting him off of feeders! I don't know what is riskier, the feeders or the abstinance period.
[snapback]936027[/snapback]​
Did you even read my first post fellas. I believe I said I tried to put him on other foods. I know the risk of feeders and I don't need 11year olds telling me that my fish is instantly going to die from them. Have you ever tried to starve a rhom for over a month? Especially one this size? I thought not. I was simply amazed at how he ate 22 fish, thats all. Sorry if you thought I didn't know what I was doing.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BTW, PHTSTRAT, I didnt mean to quote you. I agree with your comment, but I will still keep trying to use other foods. At this rate, I would only have to feed this guy once a month :laugh: .....thats a joke for all you folks getting ready to jump me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ive got 5 7" fish that have eaten nothing but feeders for a year and a half. Had an instance of ick take over once about 6 months ago, didnt do a thing. Just make sure theres no scraps. As long as when you buy your feeders you can tell theyre in a good tank, theres absolutely nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm gonna go ahead and clear this up. I didnt get these feeders from walmart or some other large organization. They were bought from a fish store that has never had a sick feeder. I used to buy them all of the time until I found out how bad they were. This isn't going to be an everyday thing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
what kind of rhom? I've had a tough time feeding my 5 inch black non-living food also. He won't accept nothing, shrip,beef heart, tuna, etc. But he loves his feeders. I've tried the starving routen with no luck, he went on an hunger strike for 6 weeks until I broke and bought some feeders. Best advise (if u have the room) purchse a feeder tank, and medicate them when u get them and over feed them, til they get big and healthy. and then transfer only the fish none of the water. ALwise feed the feeders different types of foods. I've been doing this routen for 2 years now since he was 1-2 inchs. I've asked people for advice on this subject but nothing really worked out, but I'm still taking advice.

P.S. I've starved him 2 times 6-7 weeks and don't want to go through it again. Rather feed him what he wants to eat.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have a quarentine tank that I melafix whenever I get feeders. If I notice anything funny I ditch them before they get eaten.

I mostly feed fillet and worms but, these fish are predators they love to hunt there food, Im not gonna deprive my Piranha of that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts