Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my rhom is about 5 inches long. For some reason, he just eats half of the feeder and lets the other half float around. Is this normal? I would like for him to eat the whole thing. Same goes for my 1 inch spilo. Any input? Thank you!

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Sometimes they don't want to eat feeder's head...you should try smaller feeders or wait till it get more hungry!

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
yes this is normal, p's love to eat fins in the wild that is what they like the best atleast I think that is right from what frank showed me on a website. You can also try beefheart .

·
Registered
347 Posts
This is normal for my Ps. They never eat the head. Not once since I owned them. I just figure they are setting me up to put my hand near the tank so they can attack me when I clean it up. Evil little buggers.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
My Rhom's nothing different. He does eat half of his kills. YOU can usually look in my tank and see half chomped up, and eatten goldfish, still trying to swim. Ill post a pix when I can next time.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
personally i wouldnt be feeding my 1" inch fish feeders, they are way to small to spare any nutritional value, I would beef em up with goodies like bloodworms and brine shrimp and don't forget to give them a wide variety of foods :smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.