Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I juste wanna know
For guys that own a rhom between, 7 in to 9 in.

What do your Rhom eat in a average month?
not what you give, but what he realy eat.

I just want to compare, because I think that my Rhom dont eat alot.

I start:
So in a average month my rhom will eat:
- 5 big earthworm
- 3 shimp
- 3 small cube of beafheart
- 2 small goldfish

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BUMP

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,514 Posts
ive only had my RHOM for a few months and hes a pick eater but ive been feeding about three large feeders because he does really like stuff thats not alive, and pieces of venison. when hes hungry he rips up the venison crazy..

does anyone know if venison has thimenese?

ultimately im trying to avoid anything that has thimanese and to provide foods that it might have been eating in the wild so since my buddy hunts and has venison i fifgure p's would find deer once in awhile..

ive also gotten mine to eat raw shrimp but thats about it..

ive found that with larger p's like my current rhom and my old larger reds, you can make them active if you gradually feed smaller meals but feed them more often..

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You say 3 larges feeders, and a couple of shrimp, for a week or for a month ?

I juste want to compare the quantity of food that my rhom eat.

So, in a average month my rhom will eat:
- 5 big earthworm
- 3 shimp
- 2 small goldfish

and you guys ?

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
I feed my 11-12" Rhom 1 catfish chunk a week marinated in liquid vitamins because he would always just let the food sit in the tank and waste away. This way he eats everytime and i know he is not being overfed and he'll be healthier as a long term benefit, and makes maintenance for me that much easier. You have to remember that it is not uncommon for a large serra to fast for a couple weeks and can easily go without food for a month or two, so that is why i feed once a week. This also goes for my compressus and sanchezi. Since the compressus is about 8" he'll eat maybe 1/4 of a catfish chunk a week and, and my 4" Sanchezi will eat a piece of catfish the size of my finger nail. The Sanchezi and Compressus will also eat krill. Compressus about 4 pieces and Sanchezi 1. Can't really comment on Geryi yet because i only had them a week, but on the second day the 2 geryi devoured a dozen feeders overnite. I have not fed them since.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I fed my rhom the equivilant of a med sized shrimp everyday. He would eat it all. He appetite increased when I started to do small daily water changes. He was in great shape, not at all over weight.

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,514 Posts
Blackdude said:
You say 3 larges feeders, and a couple of shrimp, for a week or for a month ?

I juste want to compare the quantity of food that my rhom eat.

So, in a average month my rhom will eat:
- 5 big earthworm
- 3 shimp
- 2 small goldfish

and you guys ?
[snapback]939307[/snapback]​
i put the feeders in tha tank and it took the rhom about two weeks to finish them, i would find a head about every 3-5 days..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts