Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me tell you that it is a piece. After removing it from the box the construction is flimsy, the plastic felt like it would break real easy, And it looked like it was homemade
True garbage!!
Rena

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Uhmm.. you ever heard of defects? I dont know what the deal with the one you bought, but I stand by mine.

You stated that the construction was filmsy, the plastic looked breakable, and look like homemade. But honestly.. did you buy this canister for its look to put on display, or bought it for its reliability?? I can assure you that most canisters (Eheim, FluVals, FilStar, Magnum) all have cheap looking generic parts to em. They all use the same hose and all have plastic parts that hold media. Only thing that separates these canisters are opinions from people who've used them. To tell you the truth, I have gone through Ehiems, FluVals, Magnum, and FilStars. I had my doubts before, because of how the FilStar looked. But for the price, gph, and first hand experience with the item.. I went and bought another for my new 100 gal.

Alot of other members can back me up on this as much as alot of members will also go against me. Its up to you to do your research to try and find the best one that will suite you perfectly, whether in parts or looks.

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Although i am not exposed to a lot of canisters like Rhomzilla, but i have to say my filstar is kickass. Everything looks steardy like an ox! Maybe you ran into a dud one like all products, they have duds. Give it a try again and you will fall in love with it.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
i would definitely have to agree with what was said earlier/above. i have had my filstar for quite some time now and i am more than happy with the results it gives me. i paid alittle more than my fluval but it was well worth it. i also will not hesitate to buy another one, for future tanks.....................rena

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.