Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DOC#003162
14,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you think it would be important to "pad" the resume if im lookin for a job that seems

the complete opposite of what i know?? i thinkin of goin for something like a data entry

job, something easy on the lungs type of thing, and it does seem you dont need a lot of experience

to get the job, so i guess just listing my work history should work right??

what are some good resume writers out there that some of you have used?? any links to em??

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
i dont think something like data entry needs an impressive resume...just show previous/related experience w/ typing and using things like word, excel etc

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
You have to be careful with the "padding" of the resume these days.
Companies are really starting to check on sh*t that is put in resumes now.
Because of people getting hired and not being able to do the job, when the resume says they can.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
It is pretty easy to tell what someone knows and what they dont. The only thing necessary for data entry is the ability to type at a resonable rate and excellent attention to detail. Attention to detail is not as easy to get out of someone so if you stress
1, your typing skills
2, attention to detail
3, a good work history...not jumping to different jobs every 2 months
4, a positive attitude
and for gods sake, dont have any typos on your resume you will have a good shot. You would be suprised how many mistakes I find on resumes from people that say they are professionals.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
With the resumes I look through at work, its really not what you have in writing, but the experiences pertaining to the position their applying for. Most people glorify and stress on how they can do the job. But advertising and selling yourself to impress the employer, with things you've actually done and accomplished, is what attracts my interests which sends out calls for an interview.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
whats wrong with your job now? sick of being burned by freon

but seriously why would you consider switching careers now if you're trained in your field already? are the salary/benefits that much better?

·
Rhode Island Slut 2006
4,487 Posts
great resource: http://resume.monster.com/

be sure to always write a cover letter for the place you are applying, try not to make it so cookie cutter, and try to comment on the company you are trying to get in at (commitment to customers, great working environment, etc.. something that will make the person reading it think you've done your homework and really want to work there)... make it personable.. dont make your resume as personable, thats what your cover letter is for to let the person get to "know you" and quickly outline yourself, then use your resume to detail yourself.

or you can always goto a service that will write one for you, some can be pretty cheap(100-150.00).. but some can be expensive(250.00+)..

if you dont have any experience in what your applying for, and decide to bullshit, be vague about your duties with past experience.

·
DOC#003162
14,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
shutter13 said:
whats wrong with your job now? sick of being burned by freon

but seriously why would you consider switching careers now if you're trained in your field already? are the salary/benefits that much better?
[snapback]874047[/snapback]​
health issues, the career ive trained for is to damed hard to to now with the asthma i have

thanks for the tip everyone

i dont have any education or training in data entry but i been typeing on pfury long enough

think i could put that on the resume
. but i looked into it and it says that

they hire alot of high school grads for this job so i think i could find something

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
data entry? whats your WPM on typing? Just say you worked for a company for like 5 years and it went out of business. Then just have a friend vouch for you.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Filo said:
data entry? whats your WPM on typing? Just say you worked for a company for like 5 years and it went out of business. Then just have a friend vouch for you.

[snapback]874120[/snapback]​
No. For god's sake, do not lie or 'pad' your resume. Be sure to stress what is important, but don't make anything up.

·
DOC#003162
14,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Filo said:

[snapback]874120[/snapback]​
vandalay industies, i was in latex :laugh:

no i dont plan on padded

1 - 12 of 12 Posts