Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you remember back a few weeks I was gonna toss him as he wasn't doing anything. Finally after over a month in the tank he actually comes out and moves around when the light is off and cleans the algee off the tank but not from the plastic plants.

Leason learned by myself that I should just leave them alone haha. Any suggestion on what eats algee off plastic plants?

Also I wanted to thank P-Fury members for helping me out. Got home from a vacation and saw my Ps looking super pale and not moving around. Thought they were on the edge of death as they were on the bottom and looked like crap. I didn't know they were in sleep mode and was getting ready to go grab 3 more Ps.

Jeff

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
SonicDark said:
...Any suggestion on what eats algee off plastic plants?
The Pleco will do that, just give it some time...
!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha ok well I dont feed him anything, I assume he lives off remains of dead feeders and algee? He so far has eluded the Ps which is a good thing but I'll see about throwing another one in there and see if he goes for the plastic plant algee.

Thanks

Jeff

·
Registered
972 Posts
SonicDark said:
Haha ok well I dont feed him anything, I assume he lives off remains of dead feeders and algee? He so far has eluded the Ps which is a good thing but I'll see about throwing another one in there and see if he goes for the plastic plant algee.

Thanks

Jeff
Get some spirulina wafers for him to eat tho. Feed it just after you shut the lights off.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HawgHunter11 said:
SonicDark said:

Thanks

Jeff
Get some spirulina wafers for him to eat tho. Feed it just after you shut the lights off.
Yah I tried some of those algee tabs but my Ps and feeders ate them so he has turned into a carnivore. He eats the remains of dead feeders and sucks the front of the tank

Jeff

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Try some otocinclus catfish - they might last long enough to get your tank de-algaedized before being eaten...
They are efficient cleaners, and often start working as soon as they hit water... Might be worth a try.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Some years ago my pleco had eaten algae,
but he lives for about 5 years with P`s and now :he is eating meat , fish, carcass, even every rest of my P's meal!

If my P's didn't start eating at vance, he is sitting on the chunks of beefheart and sucking on it !

Very strange....

I have seen him hunting for goldfish...together with my P's !

This is TRUE, he really changed his diet!but i must say, ihave never given him extra food for plecos!

And the algae?
I must clean the glasses myself....
better buy anothe pleco, and teach him to eat algae...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yah thats more of less what mine does

I'll see about getting some catfish but if he doesnt suck himself onto the glass he's gonna be a goner for sure

I'll let you guys know the outcome and I'm still looking for a snakehead for the P vs S battle royale

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
i love my pleco...he his a fat ass.

i dont usually see him move about the tank cause he comes out at night, but he will pretty much eat anything laying around...

just let the pleco be and eventually he will eat the algae off those plastic plants.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have a 8 in pleco and 2 3-4 in pleco in with my goldfish. It took a little time before they were eating off the plastic plants (at least the small ones). They actually do the plants before the touch the sides. I feed them wafers every other day before I turn the lights out. I use to have one with the P but he was chasing it around so I pulled him out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.