Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I"m upgrading the filtration system tomorrow so I'm gonna be creating a major disturbance so I figure tomorrow is as good a time as any to re-introduce the brandti back to the pygo tank. After losing 6 fish in 2006 I have a big vacancy in the corner where the brandti used to call home. I'm not worried about the brandti killing any of the pygos himself because he is only about 8 or 9" and the smallest pygo is at least 10 1/2". I had him in the 750g with the pygos for about 7 months when he was the same size if not bigger than a few of the pygos and he was really good. I'm gonna create a sanctuary for the brandti in the corner of the tank and hope he takes to it like he did before. If he gets out of hand I'll remove him but it's worth another shot. You'll definately be hearing from me in the next few days. I'm really nervous about redoing the grid in the botom because I may polute the tank to the point my fish wont be able to breath. I'm gonna stir up A LOT of sand thats been sitting on the bottom of the tank for 2 yrs. The tank is gonna get pretty fogged up. I built a rig so my wife can sit on top of the tank and corral the p's to one side while I hang my body in the water on the other side of the tank repositioning the new grid work. It's not gonna be fun to say the least. Wish me luck

·
Registered
400 Posts
"I'm gonna create a sanctuary for the brandti in the corner of the tank and hope he takes to it like he did before"

Instead of just hoping for the best, why dont you put in a divider to seperate the species up. Im sure if you do it nice (thinking frosted/tinted etc...) perspex plastic with appropriate holes cut in, should still look great...

Good luck and post some pictures

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
stick you should make a video of you doing this maintenance to your tank. i would love to see how hard it is to clean such a huge tank! good luck with the brandtii. hey how many pygos do you have in the tank right now?

·
Registered
132 Posts
ya get a pic of you in the tank, someone can photoshop and label as feeding picture lol

·
Registered
737 Posts
i would love to see how hard it is to clean such a huge tank!
Does this involve a wet suit? Snorkel?

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
He has posted a number of good pictures in the picture forum. If you missed them look them up by his user name. They are pretty good.

For the lazy

Clickey

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
what are the measurements of the tank?

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
It's good to see you again! You need to stop by the site more often! I haven't seen pictures of your tank in forever.

I wish you the best of luck with cleaning your tank and introducing the S. brandtii to the tank. I hope all goes well.

Also, out of curiousity, how did all of those large Pygos die last year?
~Taylor~

1 - 20 of 28 Posts