Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe that this is the right forum since I am not trying to diagnose a disorder or question one.

I will be done with my Maracyn 2 treatment on Thursday. Are there any special steps that should be taken before introducing my medicated Natt back into the Natt community tank?

This is my large red (nearly 10 inches), and I don't want him to be all pissed and wreck havoc on the others. I will feed him in the hospital tank before I put him in the community. I don't believe that rearranging the decor will be necessary, since my group is generally peaceful and rather close-knit. All replies are appreciated as always.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
14,634 Posts
My first question is that.. is he fully healthy? Ps usually have a distinctive knowledge on each others health and will most def attack another if they lack the stregnth to stay in the same tank. As stated, feeding before reintroducing might help, along with carefull watch within the hr. Good Luck!!

BTW: what size are the rest of the Ps?

·
Registered
18,153 Posts
Maybe it helps to turn off the tank lights and cover the tank with a sheet for a couple of hours: piranha's are much less active when it's dark, so all can come to rest after introducing your big guy.
And after the lights are on again, they all probably have forgotten that big one was missing in the first place

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
15,414 Posts
move everything around...i did this to take care of one of my p and as soon as i reintroduce him back they started to fin nip him so i reccommanded shaking thing up first and feeding them..

·
The ASSMAN
13,346 Posts
If it were me, I would not worry about it too much. If it were a small guy I would take more measures but I have not had a real problem with reds being too aggressive with eachother. If there is a problem, I would do a water change and maybe move some of the decor to shake them up a little.

·
Beautiful One
8,136 Posts
I would just recommend feeding all of them and then he will be fine, he is big enough to get along with the others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.