Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will my reds start going fast when i put them into my new 157g?? they are in a 50 right now

·
I Love Me Some Me
5,987 Posts
They will grow no doubt. How big depends on how many you have in that 157, your perimeters, diet, etc...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i might just have 3 red in there unless when i go and pick up my tank i might buy more reds or some caribes

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
base on your sign you got 4 5-7"...their will grow big for sure in 157g...with good taken care off.

I suggest you dont get anymore pygo if you want your red to grow bigger....With lots of water change 40-50% weekly, good diet as shrimp, talipia, frozen food, pellets, etc...good water parameter, good filteration it will grow bigger.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Reds in a 157Gal will grow as fast as weeds IMO with good water changes and fed lots
Good luck man Lets see some pics?

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
base on your sign you got 4 5-7"...their will grow big for sure in 157g...with good taken care off.

I suggest you dont get anymore pygo if you want your red to grow bigger....With lots of water change 40-50% weekly, good diet as shrimp, talipia, frozen food, pellets, etc...good water parameter, good filteration it will grow bigger.
uhhh....got your glasses on outh :rasp:
:rasp:
......by all means....definatly correct me if im wrong....it says 3 5-7" rbps on his sig...if you had just 3 in there...judging by they're size, and like said diet and water changes a must...they should grow alright...but when they're at that size they're growing slows down (for the 7"'ers)

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
The only reason tank size affects growth rate and potential is because there's more water present to dillute the growth dictating hormone that piranhas exude.
Frequent and copious water changes in a 50 gallon will allow for better growth than a 157 gallon that hardly has water changes performed.

If you want maximum growth in your fish, change 50% of the water weekly or more.

I'm a fan of more fish than 3 in a 157... more fish = more active feeding times.
When they have more fish to "Compete" with for food, they will gorge themselves more in a frenzy.

I'm putting 24 baby reds in my 150 gallon today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts