Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 5 Red Belly Piranha are far less skiddish after I moved them from my 55 gallon ( now sold ) to a 90 gallon aquarium. In the 55 they use to dash away to the other side of the tank when I walked into the room and hesitate to eat around me. I dont know if this is wishful thinking or not, but ever since I put them in the 90 gallon aquarium they seem to be highly active and are not skiddish at all ( they havent darted away in fear once since I moved them ) and they dont hesitate for a second to eat in front of me ( they didnt before anyway. )

Anyone else found a behavioural change in there fish after upgrading there tank size ? peace. Shred.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
sounds great
if im lucky maybe my reds also will be more comfortable in their new 135 gallon tank, its up and cycling right now but i will move them to their new tank tomorrow or today...

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
since moving my p's to their new home they seem to be showing settling in behaviour and not moving around as much as they used to mainly staying at the back of the tank after the first 24hrs of non stop swimming.
it will go back to normal and it does seem to be getting better i will just give it a few more days.
my piraya is the least affected though and they have been feeding well and are not startled when i'm next to the tank but are not thier usual selves.
good luck with yours shred it is nice having a bigger tank it makes me feel better anyway
dixon

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
does the 90g tank have for plants for hiding??

i will be moving my reds out of my 50g tank and into a 90g as soon as i get my 150g up and cycled...i am working on buidling a stand fo my 150g, but after that i will be good to go.

hopefully i will see the same result that u did after moving them to a bigger tank. i will let you know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts