Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have noticed a cloud form on one of my red's right eyes. He seems to be doing fine, but he is also darker then the rest, I think he is stressed, but he has nothing to be stressed about.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Bad water quality, or a spike perhaps (just doing a wild guess here...)

*Moved to Disease or Parasite Questions*

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
ammonia burn - do a water change Kevin

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, my gf posted this thread for me while I'm at work. the story is his eye is not clouded over like she said above, it looks as if the skin layer or whatever its called that protects the eye has been partially seperated from the rest of the eye, it looks like its just hanging by a thin layer so I'm worried that his eye may go blind from exposure. the water perameters are fine and I did a water change last saturday and its happened since then. What i suspect happened is when I turn out their tank light sometimes they go nuts and bash into things and it may have happened then or my other thought is he got into a fight with another one of my boys.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
rosecityrhom said:
What i suspect happened is when I turn out their tank light sometimes they go nuts and bash into things and it may have happened then or my other thought is he got into a fight with another one of my boys.
Fairly common occurence. Ive seen this numerous times with my natts and even my largest piraya. They are very resilient and will recover back to normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts