Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is sweeeet, i started feeding my reds shrimp about 3 weeks ago and all of a sudden they lost interest in feeders. I thought they were going to stay like that, but in the past 5 days or so ive noticed there getting a whole lot more active, and they dont care at all now if im near the tank. There appetite seems to be increasing a whole lot too. Theres 5 reds between 2 and 3 inches. I fed them 2 large feeders, and since i had friends over i gave em one of those wierd looking goldfish with the big bulges all over thier bodys. I was making him nice and fat for a month or so. They still looked hungry so i gave em 2 more jumbo prawns. This was all in about 5 minutes. I thought i would feed my crayfish so i dropped in a pellet, and before it even hit the botton 2 reds started fighting for it and 1 of em ate it. Now im getting confused cause they never take interest in the pellets before
. So i drop in another one closer to the crayfish, and then another red comes and eats that one right away too. So now theyve all eaten a shitload today, and my crayfish is probably starving. But can this be bad for my reds? eating the pellets, there pretty damn hard, will this digest ok?

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
my p's eat shrimp pellets all the time i think they chew up everthing good first before swallowing good to hear they got a good appetite
they shall grow big and strong in no time

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lil_alien piranhas said:
it could just be that the shrimp isn't as filling as feeders
ya but i gave em 2 large feeders, and one of those funny looking fat goldfish before i even threw in the shrimp. Usually i give them 1 shrimp and thats good enough. these guys are pigs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts