Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,
Just brought home 9 of the so called red Ps from the shop. They are around 2 inches long. I am unsure if they are really Red Bellied or other species, because they are not showing any red colour at all. Apart from colour, they are indeed vicious, have black spots, convex head and I think a resonable strong jaw structure.
So my question is are they red?
Sorry, but I have no pics of them yet.
Thank you guys

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
yea they're red bellies. he reason they're bellies are red is because they are stressed from being switched from one environment to another.they will turn red in a few days. they're bellies turn that way when they're stressed or just when you turn your tank light on.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
they do sound like reds but not all show red on them but i think the stress is the likely cause for this just wait until they are settled and give us a nod again with some pics

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yes they a probably reds, the chance of them being another species of pygo's is pretty rare. Unless ofcourse the place specializes in different breeds. Also the price will usually confirm it.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
piranha 13 said:
yea they're red bellies. he reason they're bellies are red is because they are stressed from being switched from one environment to another.they will turn red in a few days. they're bellies turn that way when they're stressed or just when you turn your tank light on.
Good post

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
*I am just pointing out how much this site needs an identification forum with loads of pics of each species and where you can post your own pics to be identified by the masses, before being added to the rest of the pics for that particular species.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts