Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a red lobster yesterday. And that friggen thing is nuts. He climbs all the driftwood. Some i thought he could not make it. My green natt want's nothing to do with it. It's about 4 inches. And worth the 3.99
I almost bought a real blue lobster too. But 40 dollars was too much for a bug.
He has takin a ride or two on the natts tail.
And has found a home at the top of the tallest piece of driftwood in a hole.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
are you sure it is not a crayfish?

I thought lobsters were saltwater and not freshwater

·
what up NINJA
4,581 Posts
did you buy it from lfs or the local meijer fresh fish dept? I've wondered if one of those foot long lobsters would live in my tank.
They are salt water right? but if i had salt (brackish) conditions wonder if it'd live long.

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No the blue one i seen is a real lobster. They are about 8 inches. It looked exactly like the red one i bought.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
They do have Red and Blue Lobsters for fresh water. I had one in my feeder tank always sparring together. These guys are great and fun to watch. But the only drawback is that these guys like roaming at night mostly. Depending on the size of your Ps and how close they float to the bottom when asleep, these guys can seriously injure them. One snip of the claws can be leathal. Just a warning...

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
crayfish get quite big and also come in several species - you sure about freshwater lobsters, your lfs didn't just mark them wrong?

·
Registered
86 Posts
i recently was hanging out in the creek trying to catch some minnows to feed my reds and i ended up catching this mamoth crayfish while roaming around. I brought it home and did some research on the net and found that crayfish are meant to be in alkaline water conditions (Ph above 7.5) and under 70 degrees. i read that they get stressed out in higher water temps and will eventually prove fatal. Since i really didnt care and I didnt have to pay anything for the damn thing, i put him in my tank anyway. the little bastard is dirty as hell. All this brown stuff started showing up on the walls of my tank. He clipped one of my P's tails too. I say screw crayfish. They're better served boiled on a plate.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just a word of advice to Oldmanweezer. It is actually very very risky putting any fish out of a local river or anything in your tank. Even if you separate them for awhile in another tank. You could make your fish seriously sick. Besides feeders at any LFS are usually dirt cheap. I get minnows for $1.40/dozen. I just don't want your fish to get sick. Not worth the risk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.