Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is my first time a red has got beat up pretty bad his face is banged up two pretty thick scratches. His one nostrial is damaged. and one of his fins were bitten pretty much to the knub.

Should i add salt to the tank? My hospital is currently in use for my brothers Wolf Fish

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
yes

and melafix, it wont hurt your p's, just add carbon when you are done medicating.

Stress coat is something good to add as well just because it has aloe vera in it.
Lower temp as well because it sounds like you have a bit of aggression

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes

and melafix, it wont hurt your p's, just add carbon when you are done medicating.

Stress coat is something good to add as well just because it has aloe vera in it.
Lower temp as well because it sounds like you have a bit of aggression
Think its the caribe starting it hehe but who knows. I have melafix..Not to sure what you mean by carbon?

Time for me to thin out.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
carbon into your filter when your fish are healed. If you are running carbon in your filter now, then the melifix wont work because the carbon will take it out.

Not meaning to act like your a retard, But carbon is the black Pebbles, little rocks or carbon black pad. If that is in your filters, take it out while you medicate.

Medicating=carbon out of filter

done or not medicating= Carbon back in, The truth is I never have carbon in my filter. I find it pretty much useless if you keep your parameters and water changes up.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
carbon into your filter when your fish are healed. If you are running carbon in your filter now, then the melifix wont work because the carbon will take it out.

Not meaning to act like your a retard, But carbon is the black Pebbles, little rocks or carbon black pad. If that is in your filters, take it out while you medicate.

Medicating=carbon out of filter

done or not medicating= Carbon back in, The truth is I never have carbon in my filter. I find it pretty much useless if you keep your parameters and water changes up.
i have a two Eheim 2215's. They have brown rock type things and also a black filter pad indeed. Alright tomorrow I will do this when i get up. Thanks man for the time being can i just add salt? or will that effect the melafix in the morning?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
you can add salt now, dont add the melifix until the black pad is Out of your filters, or else it will be like wasting money and melafix and we all no that is not the cheapest

lower temp to b4 you turn the lights off and go to bed because you might wake up to a half eaten P

I would say 78.5-79*F

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you can add salt now, dont add the melifix until the black pad is Out of your filters, or else it will be like wasting money and melafix and we all no that is not the cheapest

lower temp to b4 you turn the lights off and go to bed because you might wake up to a half eaten P

I would say 78.5-79*F
its already at 75F. I lowered my heaters to the loweest they could go.

·
Registered
775 Posts
yeha you might wanna turn the temp up a little higher than 75 so you dont lose your bacteria. Yes the black pad in your filter is your carbon, make sure that is out while you have meds in the tank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.