1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
As far as i know 5-51/2 inch!

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
I have seen posts where people complain that their rhom was up to 9 inches and didn't have red eyes yet. I guess it's up to the fish. Like they said above most will start at 5 or so, but others may take longer.

Joe

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
I would suggest posting a photo of your fish to be sure it is S. rhombeus. The eye color is very stable on this species and one could say distinctive at most ages, though some exhibit more of an orange than actual red color on the orbit. Water conditions are primary source of this coloration.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
5 1/2 is the maturity stage when most Rhoms get their red eyes. As most post stated, some Rhoms dont get theirs until bigger in size, while some even 2" get theirs early.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i cannot get the image to upload correctly. it says that i cannot upload that type of file. it is a JPEG image and i dont understand why it will not load. does anyone have any suggestions?

·
18,487 Posts
Jesse, Ill attatch your pix so that everyone would get to see and give their own feedback on the type of fish it is. I still say its a Spilo. Heres a LINK:

http://www.piranha-fury.com/info/s_spilopleura.asp

Your P has a different shade of red, but shape and characteristics are the same.

·
18,487 Posts
Heres a pix of JesseD's piranha, which he would like different opinions on to see what specie he is:

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Yep, that is not a Rhom. That is, like frank said, a SpiloCF.

~Dj

·
18,487 Posts
There you go JesseD. PFury members say its a Spilo.. not to mention it being confirmed by a scientist.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.