Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Pics? This isn't the "extremely rare deep water red dovii morph" is it?

There are reports that there is a deep water dovii that comes in a red morph. Only seen one pic of one, and I don't think anyone knows where it came from. Basically looks like a dovii but red

·
Registered
750 Posts
Really sorry guys am trying to fix the USB ports but the man is asking £50 an dont have the money. I dont think it is a red dovi as it is red devil looking.
Exactly what about it is red devil looking? The color, shape, facial features?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
the colour an shape is devilish but you can see the dovi markings coming through my usb is getting fixed somtimes this week so will get pics real soon.
The only picture I've ever seen of something that's supposed to be a natural red dovii. To mee it looks like a rd/midasxdovii cross because of the molting. Dovii don't molt.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
the colour an shape is devilish but you can see the dovi markings coming through my usb is getting fixed somtimes this week so will get pics real soon.
The only picture I've ever seen of something that's supposed to be a natural red dovii. To mee it looks like a rd/midasxdovii cross because of the molting. Dovii don't molt.
[/quote]

wow its early and im sick but how could you tell its molting from that pic?
just curious what to look for and is it bad etc?
i have a "wild caught tiger moto" thats looking a lil slimey so im about to try to treat that

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Molting is just a fish like a rd/midas etc that goes through color changes. IE like some midas might be barred when small but will shed those colors to an orangy color. That's all I meant. Not a sickness, just a stage of growing for some.

The black on the tips of the tail and mouth is what I would think is molting unless there's another explaination. And the absense of a horizontal line leads me suspicious as well of this pic being a red dovii like claimed. But wanted to post it while we were on the topic.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.