Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an open 38G tank. I have no substrait a magnum filter with biowheel no heater and a small little goldfish in there just so my parents don't make me take it down. I haven't done a substraight because I wanna do sand but if a a fish I want doesn't like sand well whatever. so far I have narrowed it down to a green terror a red devil or a snakehead :nod: .... I mean a snakes head..... hehehe. I have been doing some reading I know 38 isn't big enough for any of those fish when they're fully grown so don't tell me that. I wil move them when they get too big. ( and the snake head is a dwarf snakehead) but I want an aggressive fish. and a possible breeding pair. tell me what you think I should get all of those fish are easy to get where I live with the connections I have. I just want some help cause I'm new to cichlids. any help is gretly appreciated!

· Registered
190 Posts
you can grow out two green terrors in there, as their slow growers but their highly territorial and will require a much bigger tank, someone told me the min. size tank for a full grown is 55gals, and even than you cant house anything else with it, not sure how true that is but its what I go by.

I love my Green terrors, even though ive only had them since october.

· Danse Macabre!
9,834 Posts
FreakyAcidTripper said:
you can grow out two green terrors in there, as their slow growers but their highly territorial
[snapback]850879[/snapback]​
I've only had my green terror since October when I bought him at about 1.5 inches and he's about 4.5 inches now. I don't think they're particularly slow growers and as soon as he hit about 3 inches he claimed the entire tank as his own, so I doubt another green terror would work at all in there. I would definately not grow them out in that tank without a divider, and even then because of the small swimming space you could only grow them out to 4-5 inches before needing something bigger.

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
keep in mind I did say I would change the tank this is just a growing tank but the dwarf snakehead is probably what I'm goin with but I still like the GT and RD they're colorfull ( something my fish arn't.well, they're silver,black and red) I havn't made up my mind for this tank. I WILL MOVE THE FISH TO A BIGGER TANK WHEN IT GETS BIG ENOUGH I'M TALKING ABOUT BABY FISH

· Too tasty to give up.
6,754 Posts
What size tank you planning on upgrading too?

If you want aggressive then go with the Midas.

3,843 Posts
Its all personal preference if you like GT's get that, if you like Midas better choose that fish. Between the two, the Midas is typically more aggressive but sometimes GT's can be real badasses.

· Registered
87 Posts
snakeheads get like 8 ft. long I heard. If GT's are badasses then mine is a dud. My GT gets smoked by every other fish I have and they are all about the same size. Even my little oscars chase him. I just hope he doesnt get killed because they are amazing looking fish when they are about 10".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.