Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 75 gal tank with 2 emp 400s for filters. i have 1 9" red belly in there. should i have an air pump in there too so he doesnt suffocate? the pumps seem to make all kind sof little air bubbles all through the tank because i keep the water kinda low to make like a waterfall effect. any advice for me?
most of the piranha tanks i see do not have any kind of air pumps. thnaks in advance, karl

·
Cannonfruit!!!1!!1!11!
12,264 Posts
I think you should be okay with the filters turning over the water volume at a rate of about 11 times per hour...the concern that I have is with how much work the filters could be doing to bring up the water if your tank is kept low...especially in the winter, the chance of evaporation below the line which the filters can pump the water is somewhat high. How often do you find yourself refilling the tank just to make up for evaporate?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi im constantly watching it because i work out of my house. i have to put water in every 4-5 days.
the tank always has tons of little air bubbles everywhere and there is also a little bit of current.
should i add a air pump just to be safe? if so what do you recommend? thnaks

·
Cannonfruit!!!1!!1!11!
12,264 Posts
I think you're fine without an air pump. That water turnover is more than sufficient for the tank, IMO...but you could raise the water level a little and still have great turnover.

·
Cannonfruit!!!1!!1!11!
12,264 Posts
NP, Karl, glad that I could do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts