Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Hmm you could put 3 in there from small size to about 7 inch id say if you get a 75 G you could have 3 in there for life IMO

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
yeah ill agree with a-ronn,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

defo not for life.......................

·
Registered
45 Posts
Pretty much the same stuff you need for any other tropical fish but with double to triple the filtration due to their messy diets.

the BARE necessities are:

Tank - DUH
heater
thermometer
water test kit
filters - many many options here
powerhead when they get a bit bigger.

I think thats it....
anyone else chime in if i missed something

P.S. do a search on feeding. live food isnt the best for them, especially goldfish like most petstores tell you to feed them.

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
one thing you must remember randy is these reds grow soo fast and will probably hit 6-7" in the first year alone this i why we have said a 55 isnt big enough for life......................

and the set upo above is ok, make sure when you buy a filter is is a cannister filter,

if you get babies your also gonna need some decorin the tank for them to hide as reds an be cannabalistic.............ie plants, bog wood, maybe some rocks, or something with holes in to hide...........

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
one thing you must remember randy is these reds grow soo fast and will probably hit 6-7" in the first year alone this i why we have said a 55 isnt big enough for life......................

and the set upo above is ok, make sure when you buy a filter is is a cannister filter,

if you get babies your also gonna need some decorin the tank for them to hide as reds an be cannabalistic.............ie plants, bog wood, maybe some rocks, or something with holes in to hide...........
the reason i asked was because i want some
the store near me they have a gold piranha in 20 gallon n he seems very mean, which i like!
i didnt think that was a big enough tank!
i think i want rbp!

·
Registered
199 Posts
i have 3 8" rbp's in a 55, and that's really pushing it...i'm actually thinking of getting rid of one. a 75 would be much more appropriate.

·
Registered
545 Posts
serra's are damn sweet man if you like them by themselves but if you like a shoal of fish rbp's are the way to go just keep them bad boys on a good diet and a decent size tang 75gal or 90 gal would be great for them 3

1 - 13 of 13 Posts