Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I always here of Rhoms, Spilos, Elongatus, and other Serras attacking through the glass, but I rarely here of pygos doing it. Lately I've noticed my largest natteri approx. 8-1/2" attacking anything that walks buy. And I just don't mean my index finger when I run it along the glass. For example, whenever my three year old walks by or stands by the tank this one particular red belly will voraciously attack the glass and follow her. At first I thought it was just a fluke, but this guy seems to do it almost all the time now. Also when I run my index finger up and down or side to side he freaks out and again, voraciously attacks my finger through the glass.
I guess it's cool?

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
cool..the only time my ps attack is when i hold a bag of feeder in front on the tank...

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
I had a large one that whould do that time to time. Usually just after had hung around the tank too long. It kind of makes you think. That fugger want's to tear me up.

·
Registered
89 Posts
when i first got my reds they were bitches always hiding and runing everytime i walked by. but now after i fucked with them so much they always try to attack me through the glass. i think they hate me.

THEONE

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
My two biggest reds, about 5" now, started doing that a couple of weeks ago. I walked up to the tank, and at first they scattered as always, but when I looked in closer to make sure they ate their beefheart, they tried to attack through the glass. I loved it, I was hoping they would keep this up, but it has only happened a couple times after that. However I do have a photo crazy caribe who loves getting his picture taken. hehe

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I saw a (very small) tank containing 4 4-6" reds at the LFS I visit for feeders and stuff, and all of them were very bold, but one ate live feeders straight out the the employee's hand

That fish also tried to grab this guy's hand when he was doing a little splashing, and he tried to attack my hand when I moved it in front of the tank glass.....

Bad-ass

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
memen said:
Rhomkilla, what is water pâramete and temperature ?
thanks you
Water perimter is the water chemical balance made from different levels of contents/mixtures in the water (PH, ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, KH, co2, oxygen...etc)

Temperature is the water levels which states the balance of warm and/or cold

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Not so common with Reds, congrats, you are a very lucky guy!

...or maybe they are trying to kiss you...!

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
RhomZilla said:
memen said:
Rhomkilla, what is water pâramete and temperature ?
thanks you
Water perimter is the water chemical balance made from different levels of contents/mixtures in the water (PH, ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, KH, co2, oxygen...etc)

Temperature is the water levels which states the balance of warm and/or cold
I believe he is interested in Rhomkilla's water parameters and temp, not what they mean.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sweet!!! I thought I was the only one. I saw an employee at an lfs do the feeder trick too straight from the hand. I thought it was kinda foolish, but cool. Both my p's are bold, but only hitler does that stuff. When he's not attacking the glass, he splashes about 8 ounces of water at a time onto the foot of my bed...when I'm sleeping of course! what an ass! I wonder if they can recognize different people after a while.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.