Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I always here of Rhoms, Spilos, Elongatus, and other Serras attacking through the glass, but I rarely here of pygos doing it. Lately I've noticed my largest natteri approx. 8-1/2" attacking anything that walks buy. And I just don't mean my index finger when I run it along the glass. For example, whenever my three year old walks by or stands by the tank this one particular red belly will voraciously attack the glass and follow her. At first I thought it was just a fluke, but this guy seems to do it almost all the time now. Also when I run my index finger up and down or side to side he freaks out and again, voraciously attacks my finger through the glass.
I guess it's cool?

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
I dont really see the big deal with fish attacking throught the glass it. My Altuvei does it, if I accedently wave my hand in front of the accrylic or something. Nothing exciting. If you do it often enough, your fish can develop a chin scar. Its cool at first, but realize that if your fish continually rubs or bumps the glass he will get a jacked up chin.

~Dj

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
2 of my reds do it.. but the others cna care less. I guess this falls in the "depends on the individual fish" category.

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
i have yet to see a piranha attack the glass expect for my rhom that i use to have. he did it for a while then all the suddent stopped. weird how "crazy mean" piranhas with their thick skin can develop a callus on their chin area. what a wussy fish! it got sensitive skin! haha. my red devil attacks the glass constantly and he didnt develop any chin bumps. now thats a man fish!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.