Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually I just got out of a 30 day intensive in- patient treatment facility. for a D.U. I.

·
...just back for a bit to catch up...
6,193 Posts
ooooooooooooooooo.....that sucks.......the teacher doesn't stand there telling you horror stories, does he/she/it?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there was no teacher it was a group process which envolved 20 are so addicts telling their stories of what has happened to them from their using and how they needed a higher power and a new path to survive. some of them really did down and out living on the streets no where else to go. It was kind of sad to see how much a drug are alcohol can control some pepole, controlled substance. I ve been clean for about 50 days know although I dont have any urges to drink. But I find myself isolating staying away from my using friends cuz I know if I hang out with them I will use again. So instead it's a sat. 1:00 at night usually I would be on my lips by now but instead Im telling complete strangers about my sad story.

·
6,193 Posts
you can still hang around your friends and not drink, its all willpower....or you can tell your boys "im sorry, but i've stopped drinking" if they respect that, then they your true boys, if they don't respect it, then they ain't your boys

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is true i agree but alcohloics would say its a disease.... I heard usm and rangers were first to die in a war is this true.....

·
6,193 Posts
jmath said:
I heard usm and rangers were first to die in a war is this true.....
...no....marines are trained to survive and come back alive so that we can further service our country
....once in a while, the enemy will get lucky and take one of our boys out, but that's rarely happen after vietnam

....that's why we are the best at what we do

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well get a couple of those crazy batards for me then maybe the price of fuel will go down. damn near $2.00 a gallon ridiculas.........get those dieper heads

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
havin drincks is when you can control how much you drink..

Alcoholism is when youre life is unmanegeable and you are powerless

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
jmath said:

In my health class in high school they said if you have a drink everyweekend you are a alcoholic. If I go by that. I've been an alcoholic for 7-8 years.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
MPower said:
jmath said:

In my health class in high school they said if you have a drink everyweekend you are a alcoholic. If I go by that. I've been an alcoholic for 7-8 years.
That can't be true. Having a drink every weekend can be controlled. It's not like you are drinking a 24 pack every weekend. You just having 1 or 2 can be controlled.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Well actually I drink 2-3times a week. I drink kinda heavily but never sh*t face drunk just a good buzz, we drink shots of crown. I like to drink and it does not control me. Its more like a social drink all the boys get together.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Ok I can only relate this to my own personal experance. I used to drink bad, it started when I was 14 and continuded on for 3-4 years. I droped out of highschool, and almost lost my now wife. I had to have a drink everytime I went out with my friends and there was allways lots of drinking invovled.
It wasn't untill I left and went to trade school in florida did I realize it was a problem. I stoped having anything to do with the people I used to drink with. I now rarely get drunk or have a drink unless its special day or something.
I think the friends were the biggest part and had to remove myself from the situation or it would have continuded.
MAD

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.