Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two of my Red belly p's were fighting today, really bad like they were gonna kill each other. Just when I thought they were ready to kill each other, another RBP the bigest came over and got inbetween them (like to break up the fight) and fanned then they all just swam away. This was weird I have never seen one do this, they usually start fighting too. anyone else seen this, or know why this happened? I asked frank and am waiting for his reply. thanks

:rockin:

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I have 6 reds: one is about 7" in length, the other 4-5". The biggest one obviously is the leader of the pack, but he's the most gentle of them all. The small ones are often quarreling and exchanging warning signs to each other, but the big one usually just swims around doing his piranha-stuff, and only sets the others straight when they invade his personal space (ie. get too close), and this only rarely occurs.
I also observed the big one to dart towards his tank mates when fighting, on several different occasions, as if wanted to break up the fight. But I can't tell wheter he did this intentially, or just because they came too close for his liking, and he had to show his dominance...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts