Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to has up old things but I was the one who has 2 baby P's in a 12 gallon. They seem to be doing good for now and I was going to add a bushy nosed pleco for cleanup duties

How long could I realistically keep the P's in the 12 gallon before I would need to move them into a 40 gallon tank? Also could you guys recommend a 30 or 40 gallon tank that takes up the LEAST amount of space that an Eclipse hood/cover would fit on?

I would like to be a responsible fish owner and yes I know that the 12 gallon is too small for them right now but there is not a lot I can do at this exact moment. Just looking for a timeline as to when they would outgrow the tank and turn on each other...

Thanks

Jeff

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any suggestions on the tank? I'm looking for a 30 or 40 gallon tank to house them that is ultra small that will fit an Eclipse hood/cover? I understand some acryilc tanks are taller rather than wider which would be benefitical

Jeff

·
Registered
219 Posts
wider. i know by just watching my reds that they like to be pretty low in the tank. They come up to the top every now and then but most of the time they are almost touching the gravel, or a bit higher. More room for them to swim around rather than height.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
SnowCichlid said:
the bigger the tank you have room for and can afford the better, ty to avoid tall tanks if you can, try to get one with the greates surface area with piranhas
good luck
yeah wider is better ..for space to swim around..and if you can go with a 50 and buy one more p....

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
jasert39 said:
I would say try to find a wide tank rather than a tall also.
I concur...

~Dj

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I am assuming your babies are roughly 2 inches now. I would presume they will outgrow their current residence in 1-2 months like Lucky said. I would get one more rbp and throw the 3 of them in a 40 gallon tank. Then in a year or 2 upgrade to a 55g.

X

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.