Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,161 Posts
I love racing, and aspire to be a professional driver one day. I watch Speed channel all day just waiting for a real race to come on. Not NASCAR. I hate NASCAR, NASCAR drivers, most people that love it too.

I love DTM races (German Touring Car) I will set my alarm and wake up at odd hours to watch the races. SCCA any class is always incredible. Even Formula 1 is just simply breathtaking. My friends and I all gather around my TV and watch the Grand Prix races on surround sound sucking down Corona and Natty.

My Favorite driver is Tom Kristensen in the DTM circuit. He races for the Audi Sports Team.

Anyone else with this passion?

What are your favorite Tours/Circuits/Classes/even cars or drivers?

If you don't like racing, tell me why.

· Registered
284 Posts
I love WRC ,cus it's the closest to reality.
The rallies are in the streets or country roads and the cars are close to commercial cars e.g. Subaru WRX ,Mitsubitsi Lancer EVO,etc

greetz

· Breaki'n all day...
4,256 Posts
Formula 1 is amazing

· Oh, SNAP!
3,669 Posts
William said:
I love WRC ,cus it's the closest to reality.
The rallies are in the streets or country roads and the cars are close to commercial cars e.g. Subaru WRX ,Mitsubitsi Lancer EVO,etc

greetz
[snapback]877656[/snapback]​
I agree 100%, that's one of the main reasosn I don't like F1 racing, I love the technology they use but to me it's just too far from real world cars/racing for my taste.

G

·
I like NASCAR because in any given race, one of twelve cars could win. The lead changes often, and the cars race tire-to-tire.

Formula is okay, but I watched too many races where Shumacher took the pole, took the lead, led every lap, and won. That's not entertaining.

· Registered
1,601 Posts
i love the motor gp rossie is amazing he is the best there is

i love the formula 1 montoya is great and i really hate schumi
:middle

· Registered
414 Posts
F1 Rocks !!!

I was so happy when we got the USGP. It's amazing to see those cars in person. Gotta support the Hondas

· Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, my favorite F1 race is any that m. Schumacher doesn't win. You should watch some SCCA races if you want the closest to reality. Thos Rally cars, while you can buy them and race them on streets that are similar, are not quite as realy as the SCCA's Stock races.

Rally is great, I forgot to mention it earlier.

7,899 Posts
I am a drag racer, but I do dig F1 and especially WRC!!!

I am building an NHRA Summit series car myself, but on my own dime so it's going to take a while to get anywhere near compedative. Once I get my chassis done, and tune I should be in the 10.90 range with my stock internal motor. Next year I hope to build a REAL motor and get deep into the 9's

· Registered
28 Posts
Big speed fan, mostly motorcycles- moto gp ,superbikes, but also into sports cars (think Le mans) Love to watch rally racing also .But my passion is historic races. I go to laguna seca every year to see world superbike and the ama race's, but this year will be Moto GP. Will also be at the monterey historic races in Aug.

Does anyone watch the Alain De cadnet series Victory by Design on Speed Channel where Alain thrashes the daylights out of priceless cars , great show.

My goal is to attend the Isle of mann TT races and the 24 hours of Lemans one year.

Even like to play racing games , mainly gran turismo on the ps2 , Actually GT4 comes out here the 22nd of this month, it looks to be really good, and Konami is comming out with one called enthusia which looks really good too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.