Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to buy a powerhead for my 20 gallon high, and the guy said those were only good if attached to under-gravel filters. I was just wondering if this were true, or if I could still get one without an undergreavel filter. I want it for the sole purpose of crateing a water current. Thanks

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
thePACK said:
DonH said:
couldn't say it any better
I third the motion.

Under gravel filters (UFG) can be used with a powerhead, but will cause some problems in the long run. (you will get alot of argumetns/different opinions about this topic). You can just use a powerhead to have oxygen in the tank, water surface disruption and as a water filter.

Plus trust me when I say, "the best advice you can get is @ PFury". PFury has all the beginners, enthusiests, hardcore hobbyists, fish distributors, and even Frank the scientist. Put that against your LFS employee!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
I got the "Quick Filter" attachment for my 402. I like it a lot. It doesn't suck up feeders or plant leaves. It adds a little more filteration to my tank. The only downside is that it is quite long. But I'd rather have a long canister sticking off of my powerhead than dead feeders stuck in it making the water cloudy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.