Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got 2 10" rbs 2 days ago...they ate one fish today and there are still 5 feeders still running around in there now... what is the reason for not eating? is it just because they are new to the enviroment? in the lfs they would hit the top when ppl would walk by but they dont do that yet at my house...will it change around to how they were? he had them in a 29 gal at the fish shop and i got em in a 55 in my house...let me know guys im starting to worry
btw...the amonia levels are good and the ph is perfect

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Yeah, such big guys are going to take a little while to adjust to the new tank. If they go a week without eating, then I would be concerned.

~Dj

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I also think its stress caused by the new environment. Also, people seem to think that p's have to eat everyday, they dont. If you feed them welll, you could get by with twice a week. But not recommended.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
give them time to settle into there new enviroment....damn pretty big p's//post up some pic if you can...

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
All posted replys are correct. Give it awhile for them to get used to environment, in no time they will adapt.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Just give them some time...in a few days you will see them more aggressive and hungry...!

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
when I first got my red bellys they wouldn't eat for almost 2 weeks. I was woried as heck, but they started eating like pigs and it didn't let up intell I switched them to a larger tank, then they didn't eat for a week or 2 again.but eventually they started eating again. I wouldn't worry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.