Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to feed my piranhas mice. How big should they be to tear one up? I have 3 3 inchers right now in a 55. How fast do red bellies grow? What can I do (other than buying a bigger tank) to help their growth?

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
You will not get that much of a fury with 3 rbp. I would wait until they get a little bit bigger then try to feed them a frozen pinkie and see how they do it. Feeding them live food can get your fish sick. And most of the time it is extremely messy. I would stick with brine shrimp and beefheart for now and throw in the occasional feeder goldfish (caveat - this can also introduce disease). When they get around 4"-5" I would throw in a pinkie and see how they do. Good luck

-Xenon

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
yeah XENON i couldnt have said it any better ... dont feed them that yet... wait till they are atleast a good 5" then you can chuck in a pinky first to see how that goes...also befire you introdie them to new foods you should give them a day or 2 of famish to ensure tehy will attempt the food... although they will most certainly anyways... the biggest thing you hsould know is that baby P's are fin nippers and scale eaters and in their natural habbit will not take down full prey at this size yet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts