Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RollingStone
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay out of these to which one is more aggressive eh
i think the super reds look way better then RB's!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
yea...i dont get the difference of the 2 why is one called "super red" ? ? ?

·
Registered
413 Posts
they are from different regions, super reds are from northern brazil, imo super reds not only look better the are more aggressive

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
No difference, different fish has different personalities. People say Rhoms Brazilian kick ass. or Venesulain kick ass and some say agrintinian Rhom kickass. Well i had to go through 4 different kind rhom with sizes ranging from 3-12" in order for me to get a kick ass one. And guess what? the kickass one turned out to be a 4"er. It was a Xingu Rhom. This proves that their is not hard fact that super red or any other piranhas is supposilty more agressive than any other.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
They're the same species, so I think the difference between those so-called super-reds and tank-raised reds will be the same as the difference between wild-caught and tank-raised "normal" reds. And then there's the attitude and character of the individual fish that matters as well...
Although I've never kept them, I do think they are (at least) slightly over-rated, because they are relatively new to hobbyists (4 letters : hype). But that doesn't mean they look absolutely beautiful, and much more appealing than most "normal" reds...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Raptor said:
Now thats an opinion. Have you owned any regular wild reds?
no, but at a lfs with carries both super reds and wild rbp, i watched them feeding and the super reds seemed more vicious, but it could just be that that group of wild rbp were wussies or that the super reds were meaner, but thats why i said it was a opinion not a fact

·
RollingStone
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes i have 3 RB's when its feeding time they Tear the food so fast and aggressive and my gold is in the tank with them to but when the gold attacks the red runs so fast my rb's dont even claim there terro no more now its the golds place now.
my rb's have try attacking the gold but dont succed that much
my GOLD swims like he OWNS the tank and he does!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts