Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had some rosey reds in quarintine for about two months, so i decided to give my 3 rbp a treat. also about the same time i started giving them red wiggler worms just to add some variety. now it seems they only want the live food as apposed to the frozen foods i was giving them before. any suggestions on how i can get them to eat both without them totally ignoring the frozen food?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had that problem too, a while back.

Start taking your rosey reds and injure them bad..
Like take a sizzor and go half way through the tail.
This way they can still move and the P's will chase them.

Now keep crippling the rosey worst everytime, until they can't even swim.
By this time, your P's wont care and will be used to hitting anything that lands in the water.

Mine are now 4" - 5" and will attack anything that hits the water.
I give them whiting chunks, catfish chunks, squid, shrinp, clams, and beef hearts.
It's now all the same to them

i have had some rosey reds in quarintine for about two months, so i decided to give my 3 rbp a treat. also about the same time i started giving them red wiggler worms just to add some variety. now it seems they only want the live food as apposed to the frozen foods i was giving them before. any suggestions on how i can get them to eat both without them totally ignoring the frozen food?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[/quote]
never thought about that, ill give it a try

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.