Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO PEOPLE :biggrin:

A little while back a started a thread called BUTT UGLY well if you did not see it, mainly about a rbp i purchased with a verry dull colar verry dark and a white belly he is now with 5 other reds in my 125gal they have only been in there for about two weeks. butt ugly (his new name) has decided to take over the entire left side of my tank
he/she keeps on swimming in circles attacking any p's bigger or smaller than him/her i was wondering why he is doing this so i did some research and read some of franks articles saying darker coloured p's tend to be elderly and turn darker when ready to breed. but this looks more like a teritory thing i think how long does this normally go on for (sorry for the long post) the rbp is only 6'' maybe.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it looks pretty cool but he's gotta be dizzy by now :biggrin:

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry not yet
i'm working on getting a cam this weekend

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Maturity changes temperment, characterist and colors of certain Ps. Who knows hes probably made an outcast of himself cause the other fishes are saying the same thing.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Is he the largest redbelly in the tank?

I have a somewhat similar situation: I have 5 reds between 4 and 5", and one is about 7" in length, and a lot darker in coloration. The big one is usually shoaling peacefully from time to time, but sometimes it seems like he gets a testosterone rush or something: then, he claims the entire center part of the tank, and in particular the area close to the gravel, and chases off any tank mate that comes too close. At these times, he also moves around the gravel with his lower jaw frequently for some reason. This usually continues for about 15-30 minutes (sometimes longer, sometimes shorter), and afterwards he seems to be "done", and continues to shoal with his buddies like nothing ever happened...

What it really means: I don't know (it probably has something to do with territory, but that doesn't explain why he only does it from time to time...), but it's entertaining to watch, and seems pretty harmless (which may change when the others get larger, but that's a different story...)

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
judazzz you were wondering if he was the biggest in the tank. actually he is middle sized in the tank some smaller and two bigger. he just had a tough life i assume i just bought him a month ago buy himself his fins were all recked and had a white spot on his chin i only paid 20 bucks for butt ugly.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
nike said:
judazzz you were wondering if he was the biggest in the tank. actually he is middle sized in the tank some smaller and two bigger. he just had a tough life i assume i just bought him a month ago buy himself his fins were all recked and had a white spot on his chin i only paid 20 bucks for butt ugly.
Well, perhaps he's just trying to fit in, and takes the "tough guy" route to do so....

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hello everybody

i now have some pictures of my tanks these pics are not updated they were taken about a month back i did not no i was able to scan pics and save them to a web host why because i'm stupid
but with in the next couple days i will have some better pics thank for waiting

1 - 14 of 14 Posts