Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 RBP's of the same age, but one is noticeably larger. The larger of the three gets picked on quite a bit by the other two, and, oddly enough, does not seem to get as much food as the other two. The others appear to be more aggressive at feeding time, and the big one hangs back and waits for scraps from the others. He does, however, appear to enough the pollock, whiting, and shrimp that I feed them.

In any case, the big one suffers from a lot of fin nipping. His caudal, pectoral, and dorsal are all damaged, or missing. This past weekend I noticed that he had two matching bite wounds on his body dorsally as if another P came down on top of him and gave him a bite. Sunday afternoon, I noticed that someone had taken a chunk out of his face. That was enough.

I moved the big RBP into a hospital tank Sunday night, and he hasn't eaten since. I know its probably just the stress of the move, and the new surroundings, but I'm starting to worry. Any thoughts? Am I freaking out over nothing?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I'd agree that for now it is probably just the stress.

Also, if he ate on saturday or early sunday, its too early to be worrying about it, he can survive a whole lot longer than that without food.

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Bluegill said:
I moved the big RBP into a hospital tank Sunday night, and he hasn't eaten since. I know its probably just the stress of the move, and the new surroundings.

[snapback]842960[/snapback]​

Am I freaking out over nothing?

You're freaking out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.