• 2 - Below Average

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 1 - Poor

Votes: 1 12.5%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Please rate and review Fluval E Series Heaters.

My Review

Being both a digital thermometer and an submersible digital heater in one package I think it was a total score.

They also come with a side bracket that in my case was very useful for mounting on the side but turning the heater so they face towards the back of the tank for easy reading.

Setting them up was very simple and took no more than 1 min, just a matter of sticking it in the tank, plugging it in, setting it to the temp.
They can be set to both fahrenheit or celsius and the temp can be set by .5 degrees.

The Display
-Green = Temp is within 1°C or 2°F, up or down of what you have it set for.
-Blue = Temp is -1°C or -2°F colder than what you have it set for.
-Red = Temp is +1°C or +2°F degree hotter than what you have it set for.

When it blinks Blue it means the temp has dropped below 3 °C or 5.5 °F of what you have it set for.
When it blinks Red it means the temp is above 3 °C or 5.5 °F for what you have it set for.

LF = The heater has duel water sensors and if placed in a tank or spot of the tank where there's not much moving water the display will blink LF, meaning Low Flow so you can better pick a place to put your heater for best heating results.

The heater is in a plastic bracket/case to help protect your fish from burns/shocks or breaking the heater, the protective bracket/case to disassemble for cleaning.

Price

I managed to score one 300w off ebay for $45 Canadian shipped, then paid $54 Canadian for my 2nd heater that was from a online Canadian site.

I highly recommend this heater for serious fish keepers, no more turning dials, guessing/hoping or checking the water temp with a 2nd gadget.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i had an E300 on my 90 gallon red belly tank, did a great job of heating the water, one problem though, unless my koralia 1400 powerhead was basically right next to it the heater would flash LF for "low flow" and not heat the tank, even though it was right next to a AC110. pft lol returned it

G

·
I have the E100 in one of my tanks. Nice heater, like the temperature display, although the heater doesn't work as well as I'd like it to.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have these in most my tanks, one thing I find is they take a long time to heat the water up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts