Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 2 weeks i have tried to contact this guy via email and phone . All i wanted was just a few questions asked and some pics of the " actuall" fish i would be getting . He would not comply . I finally got tied of trying to get my questions answered about quality and a few other things . So i just asked for the pics . He then sent me a pic of a parrot of some type laid out on a table. The pic was sloppy and blurry. You couldnt tell anything by it. I then asked him " again" to send me a pic of the 6 inchers in their tank that he would be sending me. He would not comply . He kept dodging the questions and wouldnt answer anything. He expected me to send him $200 not including shipping , without seeing the fish i would be getting. I told him i needed pics . He also gave me his # and so i called. He would never answer . So he said he would call me back. He never would. But yet he wanted me to send money . YEAH RIGHT.

So then a member of our fhusa started a thread about kk parrots and where to find them . Someone then reffered him to Jon Rare . So i decided to also post my experience with him . It then got back to Jon as i knew it would and he decided to flame me on waterwolves . He said that he had figured me out and didnt like my tone when we were talking business. I then replied and told everyone the true story and how i was extreemly civil and nice to the man during our dealings.

I even have the emails to back it up.

There was not one bad thing said in my emails. I praised him and praised him, and told him how much i looked forward to his kk. But he would simply never send pics.
Well i went back to the thread on water wolves and found out that he had deleted my reply but left his. It made it seem very one sided . He has deleted 3 of my post over there .
I have recently found out that he is planning to finally post the fish he was going to sell me over there to prove the quality of them . That may indeed be so but i urge people to beware. I spent 2 weeks trying to converse with him and he never would . I am very suspicious of this person and even if he has posted pics of some 6 inch kk, just beware. That doesnt necessarilly mean that he has them . Who knows , maybe he does . Who knows what he has, he wont communicate . Another member just told me that they wanted to order a different type of fish but couldnt get pics either. So he cancled his order .

I am giving everyone a heads up because others have also told me he has had shady dealings in the past. I have also heard good things about him . So order at your own risk . I have just recieved a pm just a little while ago stating how he does not send you fish that he shows you. He also deletes posts of others that gives him any type of negative feed back. This has not only happened to me but to others as well .

Just a few minutes ago he had started a thread about a type of fish he was advertising . I think it was a type of gobi . I would have to go back and see. Anyway, one of water wolves members just now got on there and said that he was advertising a fish that wasnt the kind that he was saying it was. Jon was using a different name to sell his fish . Well, i just went back there and the guys post was deleted . Why he is deleting posts , i dont know . But its shady.

Also their administrator " clay" told me to leave Jon alone . When i explained to him that Jon was deleting post he just ignored me . So im guess that i may get banned from over there when they find out that posted this . I really dont care. I joined just a few days ago just so i could contact Jon . He must pay them well over there . They dont want him touched . Even when alot of people have serious issues with their dealings with him . I dont knwo wahts going on. Im confused .

This man may indeed be a reputable dealer. I dont know . But i want to give people the heads up before they order from him. I have heard many bad things about him from some members of CM. I will never order from him. <_<

·
Danse Macabre&#33;
10,561 Posts
Eh, even people that customers seem to speak highly of have bad experiences. I emailed pedro about the fish he was claiming to be S.Medinai to get some clarification on how he knew he had such a rare fish as I had no interest in buying a Spilo CF and never got an answer back from him. I didn't get all upset about it, I just went and bought a rhom elsewhere because I knew what I was getting (could see it myself through the tank glass). Other people seem to speak highly of him so I wouldn't down on him as a vendor, I just know that not everyone is going to have a positive experience all of the time. I didn't have an experience that encouraged me to buy from him, so I didn't. I wouldn't recommend not buying from him as a result though.

·
Registered
268 Posts
hmmm long story short

i was hospitalized over the new yr,,,,,,

smaug/bilbo emailed me for some parrots

i supplied a pic

he wanted better pics

in the mean time one of my customers told me some things smaug had said about me and it pissed me off,,, i decided not to sell to him as this is my right because i classified him as a potential problematic customer,, as you can see from his post here and at other board i was correct.

make a long story shorter he is all bent and is posting this on everyboard

i didnt receieve a dime from him nor do i want to receive a dime from him

my apologies to the people at pfury,,,,,,

yes there are few members that dislike me but there are hundreds who have received great service and great fish from me,,,,,

once again sorry this had to be aired here and i look foward to being a sponsor of this site come feb 1 2005

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
RARE AFISHINADO Posted Today, 08:35 PM
hmmm long story short

i was hospitalized over the new yr,,,,,,

smaug/bilbo emailed me for some parrots

i supplied a pic

he wanted better pics

in the mean time one of my customers told me some things smaug had said about me and it pissed me off,,, i decided not to sell to him as this is my right because i classified him as a potential problematic customer,, as you can see from his post here and at other board i was correct.

make a long story shorter he is all bent and is posting this on everyboard

i didnt receieve a dime from him nor do i want to receive a dime from him

my apologies to the people at pfury,,,,,,

yes there are few members that dislike me but there are hundreds who have received great service and great fish from me,,,,,

once again sorry this had to be aired here and i look foward to being a sponsor of this site come feb 1 2005
Didn't you know this forum is the Dr. Phil of the internet?

·
Registered
268 Posts
as far as the goby thread,, it was a simple id mistake,,, i advertised it with the common name and the sci name which was incorrect,, once i was notified i changed the for sale post to the correct name,, the post had a pic attached i was not looking to mislead anyone,,, i erased the post from conman because he was freaking out telling me i was ripped off etc which was not the case it was a simple id mistake and leaving the post made my forum look sloppy and hard to read,,

secondly clay doesnt protect me,, bilbo/smaug was flooding my forum with negative posts and derailing threads which is a no no in the buy and sell forum

Bilbo said:
Just a few minutes ago he had started a thread about a type of fish he was advertising . I think it was a type of gobi . I would have to go back and see. Anyway, one of water wolves members just now got on there and said that he was advertising a fish that wasnt the kind that he was saying it was. Jon was using a different name to sell his fish . Well, i just went back there and the guys post was deleted . Why he is deleting posts , i dont know . But its shady.

Also their administrator " clay" told me to leave Jon alone . When i explained to him that Jon was deleting post he just ignored me . So im guess that i may get banned from over there when they find out that posted this . I really dont care. I joined just a few days ago just so i could contact Jon . He must pay them well over there . They dont want him touched . Even when alot of people have serious issues with their dealings with him . I dont knwo wahts going on. Im confused .

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RARE AFISHINADO said:
as far as the goby thread,, it was a simple id mistake,,, i advertised it with the common name and the sci name which was incorrect,, once i was notified i changed the for sale post to the correct name,, the post had a pic attached i was not looking to mislead anyone,,, i erased the post from conman because he was freaking out telling me i was ripped off etc which was not the case it was a simple id mistake and leaving the post made my forum look sloppy and hard to read,,

secondly clay doesnt protect me,, bilbo/smaug was flooding my forum with negative posts and derailing threads which is a no no in the buy and sell forum
[snapback]850182[/snapback]​
You are such a liar . If people only new the way you handled the situation dude . You did not refuse to sell to me until i had confronted you and your shady conduct on another thread . I told you there was no need to send me pics cause i wasnt buying . Tell it like it is man . Your like the boss who told his guy he was fired after the guy had already quit . This is how it went .

You wanted me to send money. I asked certain questions that you kept dodging. I then asked for pics of the fish i would be getting . After many, many, many, attempts to get pics of the actuall fish i would be getting , you plopped a fish out on the table and said this is what it looked like . I then said i needed to see the exact kk i would be getting . It was just one shot that i was asking for . Just a shot of them in the tank they were in so i could see their quality . After all .... you wanted me to send you $200 . Not including shipping yet . You then would not answer my emails . You finally answered and said i could call you Monday. I called but you would not answer . You emailed me and told me to call on Tuesday. I called and you told me that you would call me back in an hour. You didnt. i called again and again and again . You then finally replied to my email and ensured me that your kk were quality . But i still insisted on a pic of the fish i would get.

At that point i had finally given up . Then someone posted on fhusa that they were looking for kk . Someone reffered you to them so i decided to step in and give a warning . I also said on another site that i was looking for kk and that you were not communicating so i had to find another supplier . That was not a FLAME. You then started to flame me bad though and telling lies about how you cut me off. Which was strange to me since you had never told me that. And how could you have since i was as nice as could be to you the whole time . I then replied back to your lies and then you deleted all 4 of my post and left yours. I left detailed replys that told the whole thing but you deleted them to save your butt . So now everyone sees just one side of it over there .

I had developed a suspicion of you and thought i would share it with the rest of the class . If you and your cronies dont like it then to bad. I said my piece . And no matter what heat i might take for it , at least now people will ask you more questions before they order from you.

Since i have posted this topics in 3 forums total, i have recieved " MANY" complaints about your shady dealings . So it makes me think that my suspicion was right . I also know that there are alot of people that think highly of you. And thats fine . But i wanted to give people a heads up before they ordered from you because of my dealings with you . No i did not get screwed . No there was no money passed. But the whole point was to give a warning .

Is the president supposed to ignore the signs and wait for a missle attack to hit the country before he warns them ? Or should he take the strange signs into consideration and give the people a warning ?

Except it or not , i still said what i had to say. I can take the support or the heat . Im a big boy .

·
Registered
268 Posts
i told motoro ray a week ago i didnt wanna sell to u,, but i kept having second thoughts and than u kept reminding me how much i didn wanna sell to you,,,,

ask ray i discussed it with him like 8-10 days ago

figured u would just go away

·
Registered
268 Posts
go to bed,, u have done this on several forums,,, its getting old

ur not getting any kk parrots from me,, so drop it

ps ur initial post is filled with so many lies i dont know where to begin

good night

·
Registered
268 Posts
you are only here because the thread u started at cichlidmadness was locked,,

hmm thats one of ur home boards,, i dont have any pull there,, wonder why they locked it........

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I am monitoring this thread closely. It seems to me this thread was made more out of a personal vendetta than a valiud customer complaint. Even then, this can be handled in other ways.

Would you like access to a private forum to work out your differences?

·
Registered
153 Posts
well id have to back bilbo on this one, if he was buying a 200 dollar fish why could you not send him a picture of it cmon he in the right mind would give u two houndred dolalrs espesaily without a picture.

·
Squish Mitten
3,251 Posts
face it no one wins....no one will come out the bigger guy....i say jus drop the issue and find another repudible source besides poor jonny, he's gotta enuff customers to deal with......

·
Registered
268 Posts
he had a pic,,, he wanted more and better pics,,,,,

after some email convos i decided i really didnt wanna deal with him,,, and never got around to taking more pics,,,

ps the fish was not 200 dollars it was 30 or so

i send pics of all of the fish i sell,,, ask anyone who buys off me,, my pics may not be nice but i send em

piranhatom said:
well id have to back bilbo on this one, if he was buying a 200 dollar fish why could you not send him a picture of it cmon he in the right mind would give u two houndred dolalrs espesaily without a picture.
[snapback]850271[/snapback]​

·
Registered
268 Posts
ps im all for working this out,,, but for now im off to bed

o for the record,,, yesterday bilbo posted this at waterwolves and i told him the truth and that i would reconsider and give him a nice price break,,, but today he posted some rude comments so now we are back to square one,,,,

i took 8-10 new pics for him today and when i sat down at my pc to upload them i saw his comments and it reminded me why i decided not to sell to him in the first place

this is the gods honest truth

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.