Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I recently updated my new PC with some more RAM. I bought a 512MB DDR RAM for my PC and this thing is now blazing fast. Got it for $80 including tax and 2 day shipping from www.crucial.com

the first one I got was defective so they sent me a new one and its awesome

·
G'Dam Mudda Fokka
3,217 Posts
I'm JEALOUS!!! I only have 288 MB and this sucker's SLOOOOOOOOOOW!!

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
Sir Nathan XXI said:
640MB now, PC came with 120MB

you need the extra RAM to run windows XP and good games
a piddly128 RAM starting out?
that's just CRAZY, man! :sad:

No wonder you experienced such a drastic improvement!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
i got myself 512 DDR RAM too, i will upgrade it whenever i notice I need the increase but right now i am way more than fine
i also have a 65ddr MB nividea video card as well which is more than fine now too

I know quite a bit about comps and the systems so if yah need some advice ask away
:smile:

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
The reason why I have so many memory is because I thought my memory module was fried (my computer was annoyingly instable...), and they had memory on sale. After more investigating, my mobo turned out to be broken, but I had already a new memory module...

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Well, rambus is on the market for more than 3 years now, but it never became mainstream (too expensive, technical difficulties, completely ignored by AMD etc.), and by now, DDR RAM is not that much slower anymore..... And DDR-2 is getting ready to be released, and that's faster than rambus
It's already used on the new Geforce FX video cards (1000 MHz effective speed
)

Boy, this is getting nerdy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.