rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
awesome man
hope you win lots of $$$$$$$

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Well I posted that I just got a new bike this week. Well I had spent all my free time getting it ready to race this Saturday, and it paid of very well.

The track has a website and I will post a link once they have the pics up.

Any way I won both my motos, and they had several classes racing at the same time and I beat everyone that was out there, on the 5 lap race I ended up winning the second moto by about 20-30 seconds

My and my friend were the only 2 amateurs that could make this really big up hill jump, and only 2 of the pros could make it as well. The two of us probably will move up to pro in a race or two once we get our bikes up to par with the theirs.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I got a pretty sweet trophy, its a brass cup on top of a rock base, usually trophies are plastic and laminated wood, these were real.

Pro class gets money, but I have to get upgrades for the bike b4 I do that, my bike is a bone stock one as of now, or at least it is in AMA rules

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
very nice

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
congrads..what kind of prize do you win in these events?

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Congrats Nate...So much for retirement huh...

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I went to the last pit bike or mini 4 stroke race, with my girlfriends little brother and watched. He nearly won and I knew I was faster than him, so when I found out I got my summer intern I went and bought the bike. I have been riding occasionally off and on since I quit 3 years ago, her brother has 4 dirt bikes so plenty to go around

the bikes that race at these races are NOT meant to be raced, but crazy motocrossers love to hop things up and make them do things way beyond what the designers had in mind. adults mostly race these bikes from 50cc up to 150cc on a scaled down motocross track against eachother in respective bike and age classes

its pretty crazy especially the 50cc class. the bike off the showroom cost $1200, then some of the racers spend about andother $6000 on it to turn it into a crazy bike that is about 110cc and 12 HP that could fit into a decent size suitcase, its pretty wild to see these bikes

here is a good example

stock XR50

$7000 Xr50

the only part from the stock bike in the second picture is the engine cases, ( the transmission and clutch are different, new cylinder, new carb, new frame and suspension, new swing arm, everything else is custom

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
those are, they are the size of a suitcase

my bike is in between a full size bike and those two though, seat height is about 32" on my bike I think
here is a pic similar to what my bike looks like, it cost me $3100 including the handle bars, grips, rear sprocket, and jets that I bought for it

then this pic is of a completely decked out CRF150 which would run you about $12,000

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.