407 views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  hitler 
#1 ·
can you keep them together?

I love pie

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry it won't work

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
YES it will work...but the only thing you will HAVE to do is keep the cam filming the hole time there together that way you can be sure nothing is going to happen

how many ppl will ask this b4 everyone knows that any other fish put in a piranha tank will be killed....half the time even Ps cant be kept with other Ps

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
F*cking hell everyone give him a break, and get down of your horses!!!!!

Everyone on this site thinks they are an expert and that they no "ALL"

A logical answer would be, it can work FOR A WHILE and depending on the conditions inside your tank.

I have had a silver dollar in with my piranhas now for 3 months and it is the only fish that my piranhas have deemed "exceptable"

Sure he has had some nipped fins but he holds his own!!!

Mine was like 3 inches when i introduced dime sized Nats and he has lived happilly ever since, he keeps himself to himself and at the current time his fins are in perfect condition. The life span of your silver dollars is dependent on these things:

1) The size of your tank!!
2) Hiding spaces
3) The size of your silverdollar compared to your P's

and finally how well fed you keep your piranhas!

So let him find out for himself, it is a well known fact that nothing is recommended to go with piranhas but there are also exeptions!

I have had more success with this silver dollar than

a CARIBE, A PLECO and countless barbs (was informed that the barbs would be too fast)

p.s with all of the above taken into mind i would try the cohab with any fish (as long as you dont mind losing the fish that you want to cohab)

Merry Christmas All in advance

#16 ·
DAWGS GET A GRIP, i wasnt talking about whether or not it would work, i was talking about the fact that when anyone on here suggestes a cohab everyone thinks they are the enemy and attacks them saying STUPID QUESTION, IT WILL NEVER WORK, THIS CANT HAPPEN. we are not on this site to TELL each other what to do with there OWN fish just offer ADVISE.

Instead of people getting angry and slating the person just for asking a simple question.

answer like, I wouldnt recommend it there is a very good chance that your silver dollar will die, I know a couple of people who are currently trying this but it just depends on the conditions. If you try it be prepared to lose your fish.

I am only an amateur to this hobbie as people on here are well aware, but i have gotten good growth and my fish are really healthy and my water is spotless, so i dont seem to be doing much wrong!!

People need to relax, maybe even have a laugh about these things instead of the serious tone that is taken all the time!!

#19 ·
QUOTE(Lucouk @ Dec 21 2006, 07:01 AM)

QUOTE(Dawgz @ Dec 21 2006, 09:42 AM)

U just contridicted ur first two statements in ur whole post....Mr.Knowitall

we all said the same sh*t that it wont work, stop getting ur panties in a bunch.

DAWGS GET A GRIP, i wasnt talking about whether or not it would work, i was talking about the fact that when anyone on here suggestes a cohab everyone thinks they are the enemy and attacks them saying STUPID QUESTION, IT WILL NEVER WORK, THIS CANT HAPPEN. we are not on this site to TELL each other what to do with there OWN fish just offer ADVISE.

Instead of people getting angry and slating the person just for asking a simple question.

answer like, I wouldnt recommend it there is a very good chance that your silver dollar will die, I know a couple of people who are currently trying this but it just depends on the conditions. If you try it be prepared to lose your fish.

I am only an amateur to this hobbie as people on here are well aware, but i have gotten good growth and my fish are really healthy and my water is spotless, so i dont seem to be doing much wrong!!

People need to relax, maybe even have a laugh about these things instead of the serious tone that is taken all the time!!

I still remember your original posts here. " I saved my friends convict from him cause he had it in a bi-orb. Now I want to put it with my red bellies"
You're right we don't tell people what to do with their own fish. Cause ppl are going to do whatever they want reguardless. I mean you are a great example. you don't know crap about fish. you ask for opinions and when the strong opinions come advising you aganst he cohab you disreguard them as if you somehow know better then ppl that have been keeping fish for over 20 years.
And then you post in here contridicting all the SOLID advise aganst cohabbing fish. Like I've said before the only correct answer to a noob wanting to attempt a cohab is No. Because Noobs don't have the expertise or know how to act if a situation arises and still have the oppertunity to save one of their fish.

you say your fish have nipped fins? Well NOW would be the time to do something about it. Not when one of your fish is half eaten. Ppl try to give calm advise but when ppl like you ask the question and then argue aganst what they are being told people lose patience real fast.
If you already have it made up to put the fish toghether anyways don't waste our time even asking.
Just do it and STFU.
thanks...you some how put it a way i couldnt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.