Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it common for red bellies to fin nip, and approximately how long does it take fins to heal. My biggest RB is picking on my new RB and biting his tail. Bastard!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Very common. This will most likely happen for life. As far as healing, it depends on the seriousness of the fin nip. But as you will find out, p's have amazing healing powers. In no time he will be back to normal.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Very common in the P world. This usually happens to show dominance, territorial disputes, fun play, or natural aggression. Ps usually have great healing rates and will grow back within weeks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If there are only twp p's in the tank it will lead to aggression by the bigger one and the little one will become seriously hurt, if not die. I am saying this because you only mention two p's in your post (the new one and the old one). If so, you need to get another p or you are going to lose on of them because of the constant harrassment.
But p's do have an amazing ability to heal after being bitten, as long as the bite does not get into the meat of the p. It will take longer to heal a flesh wound and it may not heal correctly.

GIR

·
Registered
518 Posts
GIR said:
If there are only twp p's in the tank it will lead to aggression by the bigger one and the little one will become seriously hurt, if not die. I am saying this because you only mention two p's in your post (the new one and the old one). If so, you need to get another p or you are going to lose on of them because of the constant harrassment.
But p's do have an amazing ability to heal after being bitten, as long as the bite does not get into the meat of the p. It will take longer to heal a flesh wound and it may not heal correctly.

GIR
I'm wondering how 3 makes a difference, other than it's 1/3 instead of 1/2 of getting attack(assuming I"m a P
)

The reason I'm asking coz I once had 4 baby 1 inch-er in a 29. Then it was down to 3, then 2.
. This all happened before they get to 2 inchers.

Well, then another batch I bought 7 1 inch-er. They went into half of the 29, with the 2 RBP i mention above grown up to 6". The 7 never seriously harm each other. They just circle and cirle like mad.

So what's the magic # to keep ? 3? 4? more than 5?

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Pretty normal and yeap it will always heal soon (1-2 weeks) due to their amazing healing capacity...
!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.