Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM about to put my AQ 300 on my 20 gallon long pretty soon and let it build up some bacteria in it. ANd as soon as I get the new tankI willl take a lot of the gravel out of the 20 gallon and put it in the new tank, throw some goldfish in there and let it sit for a week. Also when I get the new tank I will use my AQ200 thats on my 20 now to cycle it, or if I think the AQ300 has enough bacteria I will use it, but in the end both of the filters will run that tank.

Good iudea yes or no? How long should the cycling take?? I intend on only waiting a week or so.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi

This is really my opinion and others may say im incorrect but the moving of gravel will spead it up alot, also you could do a water change on your other tank and with the changed water that you have taken out put that in your new tank too to help aswell. I cant see it being much longer than a week.

as I say this is just imho and if Im wrong im sure someone else will post.

Good luck

T

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
i agree with that..

when i get my 150 i am going to use water from my other tanks to fill up some of the tank...i think that will greatly reduce the time i need to let it cycle.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I dont think you even need to buy bacteria. I cycled a 125 gallon in 3-5 days using the methods u described above without spending money on bacteria.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts