Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this board was for the exchange of ideas and to ask questions from people that are supposed to be experts in their field of knowledge. I have asked a few questions to some people that say they are knowledgeable and when they can't back up what they are saying, they use their little attack dogs to make themselves look big. What an ego trip!

Here is what I think. If you are gonna be talking stuff about p's and you know your stuff, then you should be able to support your information with real facts. Not a bunch of hearsay from other people. If you wanna say its your personal opinion on how taking care of a P works for you, then say its a personal opinion or experience.

If your gonna promote you stuff as a husbandry science or a piranha science, my feelings is you better be prepared to back up your statements when a question is asked, or keep your typing fingers off the key board. We are getting alot of newbies here and the last thing I would want to see is our board on p's to be is a board where everything is fact just cause you managed to buy a few piranhas. That does not make you an expert. Just means you have money to buy the one's that are more expensive. Just like a person that buys a fast car, don't mean he knows how to drive it.

Anybody else agree or disagree?

·
...just back for a bit to catch up...
6,193 Posts
I agree with fishman2. I know im a newbie and all, but i dont own any piranhas. The only thing that i owned close to piranhas where tiger oscar fish, even though there as distant as can possibly be. What im getting to is, i dont go around faking what i know and don't know about oscar fishes. If i know, i'll answer.....If i don't know, i'll make a stupid comment (like the one im making right now :D ) So all you people who don't know what you're talking about, dont bother saying anything!!!!!!! Go hopes to you and your piranhas mr. fishman2 :rockin:

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I disagree. Fishman2, everyone can speak their opinion here and if you disagree with it, simply disagree with it. This board is open for all members to speak their opinion, ideas, thoughts, lies, who gives a crap. This is a message board.

·
Registered
159 Posts
IMO, no one should state anything as fact unless they have extensive eduaction in the field and\or it has been proven under contolled circumstances.

I may post what works for me or my observations and also view other's post in the same manner. I may try some ideas found here but only after careful consideration or gathering as much information as possible that will allow me an uneducated guess.

I have seen posts on ther sites that would probably kill the fish if the suggestion was used.

Just my opinion.

By the way USMC, how long have you been in and where are you stationed? PM me :rockin: :rockin:

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I may post what works for me or my observations and also view other's post in the same manner. I may try some ideas found here but only after careful consideration or gathering as much information as possible that will allow me an uneducated guess.
And nobody should be harrased for stating their opinions.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
everyone should have freedom of speech!
just don't take peoples comments as the truth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.