Piranhas Forum banner

Question on preperation of Beefheart

198 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  janus 
#1 ·
Should I soak the beef heart in water to get most of the cloudy blood out before I prepare the beefheart recipe.

#2 ·
i usually just defrost a piece of beefheart in the bottom of a paper cup or on a plate i've rectnly used for like a half hour. then drop it in. if i rinse things with water too much, my p's won't even look at their food becasuse it now lacks the stinky bloody smell fish are attracted to. if i let it come to room temp in it's own juices, then pluck it out and drop it in they're always way more motivated to eat. then i just toss the cup or wash the dish. they love it, and there won't be enough blood to foul things up.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
dutchfrompredator said:
i usually just defrost a piece of beefheart in the bottom of a paper cup or on a plate i've rectnly used for like a half hour. then drop it in. if i rinse things with water too much, my p's won't even look at their food becasuse it now lacks the stinky bloody smell fish are attracted to. if i let it come to room temp in it's own juices, then pluck it out and drop it in they're always way more motivated to eat. then i just toss the cup or wash the dish. they love it, and there won't be enough blood to foul things up.
[snapback]851973[/snapback]​
:nod:

Beefheart should not be a regular feed, it should be a treat or a once a week thing contains too much fat from what i've read on here. Try feeding them a variety of things shrimp, krill, prawns, carnivore pellets (if they will eat them), catfish, or any other white meat fish.

I feed mine mostly shrimp.... feeders as treats every two weeks or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.