Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please discribe to me what fin rot is. my one irritan i think has some fin rot. on the tips of his back tail fin it looks like it is folded or creased. i dont have a camera right now but i will try to get some pics up some how. is this what fin rot is or looks like? my other irritan does not have this so i assume it is not a normal thing for irritans or serra's

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
Which pic in the pinned topics have you seen? Check out the picture of the baby Piraya I used to own below. The tail fin looks frayed, sometimes rotting towards the body, and can easily break off/detatch from the tail (like flakes). This was the cause from a stressfull shipment and healed after treating the injury for a week. Fin rott are mainly caused by stress and bad water perimeters. Water changes, salt (or Melafix) treatment and monitoring a stress free environment from others in the tank would be the best method to recovery.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i do regular water changes and my current parameters r perfect. i am very anal about my water conditions in my tanks. based on that pic and your description of fin rot it is not fin rot. i will try to get a pic up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts