Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i put in the shrimp they big into the shell or skin and then take the meet out and leave the skin laying on the bottom...i got tired of always scooping it out so i started pealing it off before i put it in...is that ok? i know its better for the color to have them eat it but theyre not eating it...when should i start leaving it back on...

also...my fish at one of the big plecos in the tank and the skeleton is on the bottom...does it hurt to leave that in there...it kinda looks cool...if its gonna do anything ill take it right out tho

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have to peel my shrimp too, they wont touch it. Take out all that sh*t before it fouls up the water conditions.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Buy the peeled raw shrimp if they are available to you. What I often find is the peeled shrimp but with tail on. So after thawing it, I still have to peel away the f*cking tail but its alright, rather than peeling the whole sh*t out of it. As for the pleco's carcass, take it out ASAP as mentioned by Adam. That'll mess up your water like sh*t. It is NOT COOL to keep a decomposing dead-as-hell fish in with your maybe otherwise healthy ones.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
i peel the shrimp then toss it in.....no biggy

·
Registered
658 Posts
when i put in the shrimp they big into the shell or skin and then take the meet out and leave the skin laying on the bottom...i got tired of always scooping it out so i started pealing it off before i put it in...is that ok? i know its better for the color to have them eat it but theyre not eating it...when should i start leaving it back on...

also...my fish at one of the big plecos in the tank and the skeleton is on the bottom...does it hurt to leave that in there...it kinda looks cool...if its gonna do anything ill take it right out tho

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
yeah man you cant leave anything dead in your tank....old shrimp has to come out also

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

[/quote]

i already said i took it out no need to bash about it...

it was only in about 2 hours so i dont think it did anything...i just wanted to know cuz it was just bones and no flesh or anything

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
If you want them to get the benefit from eating the shell, try smaller shrimp or krill.
By swallowing the whole shrimp/krill in one bite, they forego the "Shelling" process.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts